Hoping someone can help me.

Keelan
on 7/31/13 12:34 am

A little history, well I'm almost 3 years out from sleeve surgery. Been a wonderful ride and loved every minute of my new found life. Then Last December I had a bowel obstruction that required surgery. After surgery I still had major constipation issues where every 3 plus weeks I would end up so constipated that I would end up back in the e.r in terrible pain, on morphine. I've had to have oral and rectal enema's and usually the oral would take lease 12 plus hours to work. Well then things totally changed around about 10 weeks ago and now I'm have diarrhea pretty much on a daily basis. Sometimes it only a couple of times a day and other it's non stop the whole day. I probably on have what wold be considered a normal bowel movement once a week and then it's usually still followed by diarrhea. I've worked with a local nurse here and have elimated a lot of foods from my diet and now I'm eating a very plain fruit, veggie and protein diet, I had also been adding pure psyllium husk to help bulk up my fiber and it's still not helping. Have any of you gone through something similar or know someone who has and might be able to offer some help. I see my family Doctor next week, and I know that I should have dealt with this before but I had been hoping I could solve the issues on my own, I hate the though of having to have another endoscopy and colonscopy but I have put things off long enough. My health is starting to suffer.

Any sugestion.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

emelar
on 7/31/13 12:55 am - TX

I don't have your problem, but have the doc check you for h pylori and/or bacterial overgrowth in your innards.  Those are the usual suspects!

PinkNoley
on 7/31/13 1:23 am - IN

This sounds very similar to what has happened to my sister. She had gastric bypass almost 10 years ago and about 3 years ago she began having issues with being very bloated and distended. She would frequently be hospitalized for bowel obstructions and then right before they performed surgery they'd decide it was a pseudo obstruction. Finally the diagnosed her with Scleroderma. It's an auto-immune disease that typically attacks one's skin, causing tightness and immobility. My sister has a rare, systemic form which is attacking her digestive system.

We went through the ringer trying to figure out how to treat it. She spend the better part of a year in and out of the hospital. She has constant diarrhea. Ultimately, she was put on a rotation of antibiotics which keep it at bay. She still has issues every six weeks or so, but its much better than when she was first diagnosed. 

It's a long shot that this is what it is, but do some research on Scleroderma (systemic) and see if any of the other symptoms are applicable. If so, I'm sure my sister would be happy to connect with you and discuss it. I don't know where you're located, but the University of Michigan has an amazing Scleroderma research center.

Good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics