3 weeks post-op and a big interview tomorrow!

Jennifer L.
on 7/31/13 2:33 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

I am three weeks post-op and life is weird. I watch my husband and children eat and I think to myself "How in the world can you take such huge bites???" The weirdest thing is knowing my 3 year old and 5 year old have the ability to eat SO much more than I do. haha I have never experienced an issue of throwing up or the foamies. There have been a few moments of being uncomfortable, but that has normally been when I tried a food I hadn't had yet or ate slightly too fast (sorry but food tastes better warm. lol) 

I had a slight stall that hit last week. Today the scale finally moved a little! Very happy! I was stalled at 240. My weight has bounced between 260 and 240 for a long time... so being stalled at 240 was torcher! It made me feel like I hadn't really lost anything because it was a weight I have seen many times before. But today, today I am 238! Very nice to see! 

I have been trying to reach my walking goal of 10,000 steps. Many days I have been at goal or close! (one day I was almost 13,000!). The last few days I havent been walking as much because I have been trying to prepare... which leads me to my big interview tomorrow!

I have been working as a Freelance Art Director for our local PBS station. It has been a great job and a great experience as I am technically still a student. Being that I am 28, I am very ambitious with getting my career on the move. I graduate in May 2014. Well, my position as the freelance Art Director was because the original Art Director was on maternity leave. She recently accepted another position so now the staff Art Director position is open. Everyone loves me, I deliver good work, and no one has complained about me (in fact, I have had compliments). Tomorrow at 1:30, I will be interviewing for this position. However, I don't have the experience as others who are interviewing. I am very nervous. Yes I have a relationship with them, but my lack of experience is a fairly large hit IF someone comes in with a killer personality and awesome portfolio.

The good thing is, after losing about 22lbs, I fit better in my clothes to my insecurities about how I look will not get in the way of my interview. That is one less thing for me to be insecure about, which is good because I have enough to worry about! Wish me luck!!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

themexcellentone
on 7/31/13 2:35 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Good luck!  That newfound confidence is going to come through in your interview. :)  You got this!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Jennifer L.
on 7/31/13 2:36 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks!!

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

pugmadkate
on 7/31/13 2:52 pm
Good luck!
Jennifer L.
on 7/31/13 3:02 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks!!! I need it! 

Instagram

PrincessPR
on 7/31/13 2:53 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

Well, first off YAY on getting over your 240 hump.  I know how agonizing those humps can be!  It's got to be a relief to get past that.  Also, WTG on the walking!!!  You're really getting your steps up there!  That's a nice accomplishment. Now, for the job.  Remember, recruiters don't always look only at qualifications.  Good recruiters look big picture.  They look at the whole person, what someone can offer their organization, their ambition, their attributes, and confidence.  Don't let the fact you think there are others more qualified than you on paper deter you.  I think you'll do GREAT!!!  Like noted above, you have a new level of confidence which is sure to show through.  I'll be sure to send up a quick prayer for you and send you lots of positive thoughts.  Best of luck!!!  You got this girl!!!  Keep us updated on the job!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

Jennifer L.
on 7/31/13 2:59 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you!! The thing is, the people I am interviewing with, I know all but 1. lol I have worked with them all except for this HR person who will also be there. They love my work as a freelancer, they love my personality, I am good with responding to people quickly and getting projects done... but my boss (who will be interviewing me) did say there is no guarantee because they are looking for someone with more experience.... YET they are very happy with me. So it is a toss. I think I am more nervous BECAUSE I know these people... and if I dont get the job it might hurt a bit. However, I am looking at it like this... if I dont get the job, it means there is something else in store! 

Instagram

PrincessPR
on 7/31/13 3:10 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

EXACTLY!!!  For years I worked in motorsports PR, until about 5 years ago.  Than I got a FANTASTIC job in big tobacco.  I HATE it but LOVE the money.  Needless to say, I'm always looking for something better.  When I talk to a headhunter or recruiter I just think if I get the job it was meant to be!  It's scary because I make good money and have good benefits, so to leave that for the unknown gives me tons of anxiety, so I totally get you!!! In the meantime, I'm working on my Grad degree... LOL!!!  Just remember, no matter what happens, jobs are NEVER about personal.  SO, if you don't get it (which if they don't give it to you, they're stupid) it's not personal.  You're right.  It just means there is something MUCH better for you and it wasn't meant to be!  I think you'd be an asset to them and I barely know them. SO go in with your head held high and know you're awesome!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

Jennifer L.
on 7/31/13 3:18 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

You are too sweet!

Instagram

Imakitekat
on 7/31/13 4:38 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

You will do awesome!  Just show your beautiful smile and wow them!  Wishing you the best, no luck needed, you have the skills and the smarts, go get em!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views