Obsessive weigh ins

Brats1979
on 8/31/13 2:14 am
I feel like I am constantly on the scale. Disappointed when it hasn't moved from night to morning. I read about stalls and that we shouldn't weigh ourselves every day but how do you wrap your head around that? Please give me some tips as how you all hung up the scale and how often you weigh yourselves.
singdoremi
on 8/31/13 2:17 am - NJ
Once a week. No more than that.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

(deactivated member)
on 8/31/13 2:36 am, edited 8/31/13 2:36 am

I'll be honest with you: I was an "obsessive" weigher my entire WL journey. Still am. It is my habit and it keeps me in check. I still weigh morning and night. It's my routine. It doesn't bother me and I believe weighing daily keeps me highly accountable. Also, my weigh ins don't color my day. Weighing is merely a tracking device. I must track my weight to know that I'm holding steady, gaining or losing. Simple as that. Some people track weekly. If that works for them, GREAT. Wouldn't have worked for me. Not weighing for a week would give me too much freedom in my thinking. Just the way I roll. You'll figure out what works for you. Hang up the scale if it's bugging you to weigh daily. Or decide if you can live with not losing every day and if you can, weigh daily. All up to you. It's really about what you as an individual can live with.

Ingrid K.
on 8/31/13 2:36 am - Canada
I think the whole obsession around scales is a continuation of the old dieting mentality. Get off the scale!!! Don't weight yourself anymore. You are not on another diet. This surgery can change your life so don't bring in the dieting rituals back into the equation. Try to create a association with the scale. Choose how often you want to weight yourself that will not bring feelings of failure associated with it, and stick to that. I tell myself it is my responsibility to follow my plan and follow the 12 steps, and it is my bodies job to loose weight at it's own pace. Good luck to you and stay positive
Vanessa_M
on 8/31/13 2:38 am

It took me 3 months to not obsessively weigh myself. I needed the daily motivation and validation. I stopped weighing daily when I started to understand how I lost. I am a stair step loser. I would get CRAZY when the scale didn't move. It's hard not to check every day but I have to trust myself and my doctor and my plan.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Brats1979
on 8/31/13 3:29 am
I guess I will just roll with the punches and figure it out as I go. I would like to be able to put the scale away and do a once a week job but I think maybe baby steps are in my future. No weighing in tomorrow....it's a start
mickeymantle
on 8/31/13 4:44 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I don't have a scale at home ,mine broke, I use the doctors scale , and the scale at my gym , the doctors scale once a month is the official weight loss , my gym scale keeps me honest, I weigh myself at the gym once a week only 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

NewNatinIl
on 8/31/13 6:06 am

me too. i was never liek this. i always felt no more than 1/week and that was at the doc or weigh****chers. now i weigh ever day...and maybe an extra time! 

The realization i've had to come to is that most of the time it won't move.  And then on one day boom, down a pound...won't move for a few days, down a pound.  I'm ok with it...because now I look at as a way to keep working towards the goal and not stick my head in the sand.

TexasTerritory
on 8/31/13 6:37 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I do better when I weigh once a week. I like not letting the scale flavor my day. I am keeping busy with so many things in life and all of the NSVs that continue to surprise me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views