2 Month Progress Pictures. 70 pounds down and halfway to my goal!

ravenbrown
on 9/11/13 10:53 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Fantastic progress!  Congratulations

Keith L.
on 9/11/13 11:14 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Wow! Great progress man! Congrats and keep up the good work. It is so so so worth it. You are lucky that you carried a lot of your weight high and you should not have a lot of the skin problems that a lot of us have.

You also have a problem that I have and have been working on and that is that your shoulders slump forward. I never realized I had this problem until I started getting really back shoulder pains while and after working out. Here's what you need to do to fix it (you can thank me later). When you do any kind of shoulder exercises, before you start hold your head up as straight as you can and pull your shoulder blades toward each other and then do the exercise. This will be very uncomfortable at first and it takes about 3 or 4 weeks to really get used to doing it and in the habit of doing it before you start your exercise. I also make a very conscious effort to stand up straight and when I sit at the dinner table to make sure I sit straight. This becomes easier and more automatic the more you workout your shoulders.

I do the following shoulder exercises:

Military Press (overhead press barbell or dumbbell make sure you are still pinching your shoulder blades together)

Overhead shrug (this one is the really hurts at first)

Lat pulldowns

Standing and Bent over Rows

Seated Row

I have recently started doing a close grip pulldown too

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

CToddRobbins
on 9/12/13 12:41 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Thank you very much for that info Keith! It drives me crazy that I slump my shoulders like that. I have done this for years, trying to hide my man boobs (my biggest source of embarrassment). I have already been doing what you suggested about sitting up straight while I am in my chair or any other time I notice that I am slumping while standing. I plan on hitting the gym next week and look forward to putting your exercise suggestions to good use!

HW 327 lbs   SW 294 lbs Surgeon's GW 210     My GW 190

CindyGuice
on 9/11/13 11:56 pm - GA
Revision on 02/13/12

Yay!!! Great job!!

CToddRobbins
on 9/12/13 12:47 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Thanks for everyone's kind words and encouragement! This site is an unbelievable resource and has been very instrumental in keeping me on track during this journey. I look forward to posting my goal pics in the next few months! I know that this rapid weight loss will eventually slow down, but I will not complain because I have truly changed my total outlook on life.

Keep it up, you losers!

LoriKay
on 9/12/13 2:06 am

BRAVO !!!!!!!!!  Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep up the good work !

-Lori

MsVonne
on 9/12/13 2:23 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

First of all congratulations on your loss you look great.  I'm 2 weeks post op and I'm tired all the time no matter what I do.  In your first few weeks were you tired all the time as well?

CToddRobbins
on 9/12/13 2:52 am - NC
VSG on 07/25/13 with

Yes, I was and this is completely normal. Your body has went through a major operation and is a little out of sorts right now. Over the next week or so, you will start feeling better. You have definitely already been through the hard part. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!

MsVonne
on 9/12/13 3:01 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

Thanks for your reply and I will keep doing what I can and will keep posting here!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/13 3:37 am

You are looking awesome! Congrats on such a great journey so far. You just keep doing what you're doing and you'll get there.

Glad you're going to start hitting the gym next week. It'll really help on the journey down. I'm a big advocate of regular exercise. You can check out the pics on my profile to see what it has done for me.

Oh, about the shoulder thing. Easy way to correct it is to start thinking about pinching your shoulder blades together especially when doing any type of chest work at the gym. That pinching really helps your form and begins to build the muscles back to hold your correct posture. It won't happen over night (I still work on this all the time. I slumped to hide my belly - or so I thought!)

Keep up the great work!

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 48 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 211 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 295 views