Stupid stomach! You're not hungry, you're just bored!

CindyGuice
on 9/23/13 7:59 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
I haven't posted in a while because life, work and kids have kept me super busy but I hope everyone is doing well. I hit my goal a while back and had a tummy tuck in April. Everything went really well! Yay! But..... Now I am noticing that I have head hunger. I know I'm not hungry but I can't seem to NOT snack and graze. It's making me crazy!! I float between 135 and 140. I would like to float it on down to 130-135. Have any of you noticed the bad habits coming back around and if so maybe some ideas that have helped you out would greatly appreciated! I've noticed that I have a harder time after 3pm at work and as SOON as I walk in the door from work. Thanks you guys for any input! Keep up the good work all!!

Shagdoll
on 9/23/13 8:28 am

Cindy, I'm so happy to see you posting here!  Congrats on reaching goal once again & for your TT!

You have still done great so far.  You've done nothing that cannot be mended.  You are still within your "range" so that is definitely good to hear! 

Yeeeessssss ... I have had bad habits come back but everyone who posts regularly on this board knows this about me already.  I think it's easy for us *****ached goal to get comfy & think it's ok to start eating some of the bad foods again.  It's hard to get our heads back into the game, especially since we can eat more & it's harder to lose those few extra last pounds.  For me, I have to say I kinda reached a breaking point.  The weather is changing and while some people want to lose more weight before summer so they can rock the summer dresses, I on the other hand, want to fit back into my smallest jeans with ease... not as if I am struggling to get them passed my hips ... lol ... or even past my knees!!!  I think we just need to remember why we had surgery in the first place ... to lose weight, keep it off ... all off.. and stay healthy.  If we went to the extreme to have surgery to get here, we need to make sure we stay.  I know, easier said than done in some case. 

I always have that moment too at the 3pm hour... lunch passed a few hours ago, I get tired at work...  For me, my iced coffee has been my saving grace.  Having a lowfat, low carb, low calorie snack might help you get thru that hard time.  Drink plenty of water in between meals too.  That definitely helps us from not snacking as much. 

You are doing great though gurl, keep rockin' it!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

CindyGuice
on 9/23/13 8:31 am - GA
Revision on 02/13/12
Thanks Jen! I knew I could count on you for some sound advice! You always know the right things to say!!

rengirl1978
on 9/23/13 12:48 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13

I'm glad that you are aware of the issue! You'll be able to keep yourself going on track when you can pinpoint the problem and squa**** before it gets out of control. Hang in there!

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

ravenbrown
on 9/23/13 10:51 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

Congratulations on your maintenance and your TT!  I get the munchies around that time, so I usually have a snack and drink lots of water.  My snack is some strawberries or half a nectarine and about 4 ounces of 2% Greek yogurt.  It's creamy, sweet and has a good amount of protein.  I feel satisfied without eating cookies :) 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 9/23/13 11:46 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I am not feeling hunger at all yet I do feel like munching in the evenings. when the house is quiet and everyone has gone to bed and I sit in the kitchen (I love to sit in the kitchen...) with my ipad and cup of tea, I always feel like something.. some days I manage to keep it at bay and other days not so much. But I try to always choose the munchie that will do the least amount of damage. Congrats on your TT and goal and all that. I think awareness is the best prize in this journey. I am aware of every half pound. If I stay vigilant then regain can be arrested in the earliest stages I hope!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

SuzanneR
on 9/24/13 6:27 am - Randolph, NJ

I just had that conversation with my head and stomach of "You ate lunch an hour ago and you are NOT hungry, you are bored...!" So true. I just try to get my mind off food and into work (not easy today, my work is a little boring lately). I was worried about oral substitutions and then I said so what, if it keeps me from eating things I am not hungry for...so I chew sugar free gum and have a cup of tea with a little milk in it every afternoon between lunch and snack time. 4 p.m. snack time came and I ate a hard cooked egg.

At night, after dinner I have tea or an 8 oz serving of unsweetened almond milk ( 30 calories, zero carbs) either cold or heated with some nutmeg. Very comforting.

Good luck to you! (and me too!)

Bloodshotbetty
on 9/25/13 12:41 am - minneapolis, MN

Every time I think to myself that I am hungry I say to myself, "...no you're not, they took that part of your stomach out dum-dum!" And then I laugh at myself, have a sip of water, and move on.  :)

-Alycia-

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 266 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 327 views