lap band to ???

Debster72
on 9/17/13 11:15 am

I am still in the "research" phase- trying to decide what WLS would be the best for me to revise to either sleeve or DS, I would like to know what are some of the negative side effects of the sleeve are.

Debster72
on 9/17/13 11:20 am

also, how quickly would i be able to return to work?(I am fixing to start a new job)  With the lapband I had it on a Friday and was back at work on Monday. I was thinking maybe 2wks for the sleeve????

angdenise
on 9/17/13 12:01 pm - IN
VSG on 05/28/13

I revised to the sleeve back in May.  I was off work for two weeks and that felt like a good amount of time.  You could probably go back after 1 week if your job was a desk job.  The first few weeks was a huge adjustment with the sleeve.  I couldn't drink as quickly as I used to which took some getting used to (I can drink faster now).  The biggest side effect (blessing) that I have is I slightly dump with too much sugar/fat.  I can have a bite or two but much more and I feel terrible so that is really a good thing.  I am down 55lbs and don't regret it one bit.

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

Debster72
on 9/17/13 12:05 pm

thank you for the reply.wow! that is a great loss.  Do you get "gas" a lot with the sleeve? Did you revise from the band? If so, what complications did you have to need the revision?

angdenise
on 9/17/13 12:20 pm - IN
VSG on 05/28/13
Yes. I had a band. I had a slight slip and had even struggled before. I had lost 140 with my band but had gained back 70. So right now I'm 15 away from my band low. Hoping to be there by thanksgiving. I had my band removed and sleeve in the same procedure. I was up walking after about 3 hours and really didn't use pain meds much except to sleep and to help with th initial discomfort from drinking. Was off all narcotics by 4 days

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

Debster72
on 9/17/13 12:33 pm

wow- my stats as well-I lost 140 but regained 68-70.   I think I am really just still leaning towards the sleeve or the DS. I would rather go the sleeve route but don't want to have to revise to the DS

gorditabonita
on 9/17/13 12:34 pm - Springfield, VA
VSG on 01/23/13 with

I revised from the band to the sleeve in two procedures - my sleeve surgery was 6 months after my band removal. Negatives? That's a hard one....but, I would say giving myself the lovenox shots in the beginning. Other than that, I love my sleeve. I don't get dumping and I can eat whatever I want - which is a good thing, for me. It could be a bad if I was not accountable for every bite. I just decided that small quanities of chocolate would not get me to goal and I made a promise to be accountable for every bite. Eating less than before is great, but the only way for me to get to goal is to stick to the rules. I guess that could be a negative for some.

I took 4 weeks off from work. I was orginally scheduled to take 3 weeks but I developed pneumonia in the hospital and I needed the extra recovery time.

Good luck with your research! You will be sucess with whatever procedure you choose!

HW - 287 (12/2007); GW - 165; CW - 164....proudly wearing a size 8!On my journey from LapBand to VSG.....LapBand on 12/19/07, LapBand removal on 8/8/12 and sleeve on1/23/13! Consider joining me at Band2Sleeve!( http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/)  Friend me on MyFitnessPal too! I'm gorditabonita74.

Debster72
on 9/17/13 12:46 pm

thank you for the reply! you are very inspiring!

pineview01
on 9/17/13 12:45 pm - Davison, MI

I replied to your other post but, the question here is different so here I am again.  I revised from band.  I had it for almost 4 years and had problem starting at 8 months (hindsight my body was wanting to reject it than.)  My story is here; 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/discussion /4548777/My-Band-story/

and

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Band2Sleeve/discussion/4556 627/Introduction-Whats-Your-Story/

I am a band to sleeve revision and love my VSG

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Debster72
on 9/17/13 12:49 pm

I tried to read your story but it said I didn't have permission. I am pretty new to this site, maybe that is why?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 250 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 318 views