So

SuzaQue
on 9/18/13 5:17 am - Glendale, AZ
VSG on 04/06/13

I am about a little over 5 months out and was thinking that it seemed like I was eating a lot of food

I know that I can eat 4 oz of lunch meat so today I brought 4 oz of baked chicken breast for lunch.  I got about half of it eaten and I am so full!  I have been watching all my stats but I will admit that I have gotten away from SOLID protein lately, it really makes a difference. 

I also felt that I was eating so much that maybe I stretched my new tummy.  That is one of my biggest fears...right after a leak...I did stretch my pouch with the band so I try to always be aware of how much I am eating. 

Knowing that I can only get down about 2 oz of baked chicken is just were I want to be.

Preop diet start  /VSG Surgery / Current / Goal
               286                 277            219       165

Lapband / Lowest wt LB unfilled because of problems

286                  250

Highest:     302

MsVonne
on 9/18/13 5:35 am - MI
VSG on 08/28/13

I so get where you are coming from I'm 3 weeks out and I have found that if your are eating less dense protein you can take a little more in other than an dense protein like chicken breast.  I can only get in an small chicken breast tender that is sometimes but generally only half of it comfortably so I don't push beyond that 1.  I eat green veggies only after the protein if I have room but that isn't often.  So just listen to your body and you will be fine.  That is what I'm now learning to do and this is much different from not paying attention to what I was eating or how much.  Good luck on your journey.

shajoh
on 9/18/13 7:26 am - Cleburne, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Sounds like your doing great. I'm 10 mo. Out & couldn't eat a whole 4 oz. of chicken breast. I eat about 3 oz. then add about 2 oz. of veggies or whatever else. Keep up the great work. Keep under eating that sleeve. 

Sharla

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 69 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 258 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 324 views