Got my date with Dr. Pohl! Nov 4th. And now I'm scared lol

ITwon
on 10/8/13 6:54 pm - Woonsocket, RI
People keep asking me "aren't you nervous"? And I haven't been. Not one bit. But I've always said it didn't seem like it was ever really going to happen. It took so long to do everything that that's how it felt. But here we are. Approved and ready to go, and NOW I'm starting to freak out lol I've never had surgery before, and the idea of someone cutting inside of me, taking most of a vital organ, it's getting to me. I know nerves are natural. I just fear they're going to just get worse from here. It's just the permanence of it all.

It's not going to stop me, mind you. I'm super excited it's finally happening! I just hope I'm doing the right thing. I believe I am. It's just when people say "you don't need that. Do it on your own. You won't be healthy" it gets in your head. But then I think of how I'll feel 150lbs lighter. How nice that will be.
cappy11448
on 10/8/13 9:22 pm

Its normal to be nervous.  But in my opinion, obesity is more dangerous than the surgery.  You deserve to be healthy and have lots of energy, and be able to do the things that most people can do.  You'll be so happy when you've lost some weight.  Its an amazing process.  Best of luck.  Plus you are having your surgery on my Birthday!  That has to be a good sign!

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

ITwon
on 10/9/13 12:21 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Thanks! I think it's gonna be great!
pineview01
on 10/8/13 9:29 pm - Davison, MI

This just means you are normal.  Yes, surgery is safer than carrying all that weight.  With this surgery you lose some of your stomach but you are left with a functioning stomach.  As far as I can figure this IS the safest, less evasive surgery long term.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

ITwon
on 10/9/13 12:22 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Yeah, I know compared to carrying the weight, it's a no brainer! I'm illness waiting to happen
Nikke2003
on 10/8/13 10:00 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I've found that  unless you are surrounded by people in the exact same situation as you, they aren't going to be able to understand where you are coming from and they really aren't going to consider how much more dangerous it is to stay morbidly obese than to have surgery.

This is a time for you to be "selfish" and start putting your own wants/needs/opinions over that of others! It's very liberating in my opinion lol.

I felt the same way you did though.... I wasn't nervous up until I got my date. It hit me and I got a little scared and I also had a lot of thoughts like "How did I let it get this far??" But, eventually those nerves calmed down and all went well. I am SO glad I went through with it... it was the best decision I've made!

Hang in there and congrats on getting a date!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

ITwon
on 10/9/13 12:23 pm - Woonsocket, RI
The vast majority of people I've heard from have no regrets about having it done, and that's comforting.
RedStar98
on 10/9/13 10:06 am - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12
Hey Neighbor!
Dr Giovanni did my VSG, she's in with Dr Pohl. Loooove her!
I'm here for support close to home if you need any. Friend me if you like.

Carol

ITwon
on 10/9/13 12:24 pm - Woonsocket, RI
Thanks! Nice to meet someone here nearby. Yeah, it was a toss up between them. I've heard very good things about both! How long ago did you have your vsg?
RedStar98
on 10/9/13 10:53 pm - Johnston, RI
VSG on 10/02/12

I'm 1 year post up (10/2/12).  It's been a great year!   Dr. Pohl was very nice, I just wanted a female physician, that's the main reason I picked Dr. G.

I'll be in your neigborhood this weekend, for Autumnfest, Woonsocket is like my second home.    I'll friend you, we can email chat.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 93 views