So my surgeon...

Kbutler79
on 10/26/13 1:05 pm
Got suspended from the medical board 3 weeks after my surgery. Nothing was ever told to me except he was having an issue renewing his license. That was almost 3 months ago! Not only am I uneasy about the suspension, I am pissed that he wasn't honest and never has even referred me to an associate or another surgeon. I need blood work and I feel abandoned by him. I saw him post op 1 week and not at all since. Not even a letter!! WTH do I do? Ugh

Kel
kimbethin
on 10/26/13 1:18 pm - CA

Try to get a referral from the hospital that you used for your surgery.  Most hospitals have a physician referral line.  You could also call his office if you are comfortable with that.  An other option is to have your pcp order the labs your surgeon monitored.  Good luck

putting one foot in front of the other...        
Nmmsg
on 10/26/13 10:05 pm
VSG on 07/09/13
Find another dr. This does not sound right. Licenses are easy to renew. The drs do it on line. There is a reason he is having trouble. You can probably look on line and view suspensions by the state's medical board. For now, your primary care dr can provide a script for lab work. Most PCP's are not aware of all of the requirements for our particular needs.
Nancy

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Deckeriv
on 10/26/13 10:22 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Your PCP can write blood orders and ask them to be sure to include your vitamin, calcium, and iron levels. Those are the only things I saw that were different from the normal orders my PCP draws. Most of the other metabolic things are normally ordered by a PCP for your yearly work up. You need to have them drawn at three months, six months, and a year. Then yearly from then on. If you are taking your vitamins as instructed and eating according to plan, you will be okay. It is good to monitor everything anyway but honestly your PCP can do it.

Your surgeon was probably in trouble for a long time so move on down the road and don't go back to him. If for some reason your PCP doesn't know what to draw, PM me and I'll tell you what is on my latest orders from my surgeon. It's the same thing every time. Good luck.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views