Feel like I'm being a Pest!

pharmagirl_45
on 10/28/13 2:07 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

I just sent my surgeon's office another email regarding my letter from my PCP. I sent her an email on Thursday and never heard back from her. I need to get this letter from my PCP and they won't send it until they get a note from the surgeon's office . I also tried to call my PCP to see if they received the request, but of course it goes to voicemail and I DO NOT want to leave a message!

Am I being a pest?

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

KittyKarin
on 10/28/13 2:10 am - FL
VSG on 01/09/13

Sometimes, you just have to keep after them!  I know I was really annoying to my patient advocates when I was preparing for surgery.  They were doing the best they could but sometimes they will lose things or forget to do things with all the patients they are dealing with.  Keep on top of them and get it done... with a please and thank you, of course! lol :-)

KittyKarin :-) Starting weight: 362 / Surgery weight: 353 / Current weight: 190 (03/27/2017)

hollykim
on 10/28/13 2:14 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Yes but the pest gets dealt with,right? And the squeaky wheel gets the grease much sooner than the quiet ones, KWIM?

MayPenGirl
on 10/28/13 2:23 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You are you're biggest advocate so pester them until you get what you need.  I have no problem being a pest if it's going to benefit me.  LOL 

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

SophieNJ
on 10/28/13 2:24 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

hmm, are you being a pest?  that depends on the person on the other end.  any chance you have the time to run over to both docs, and do the paperwork yourself? (if they are close enough to you)...keep a smile on your face, be very humble and thankful, and they will remember that.  they will also remember if you become a shrieking crazy lady LOL.

best of luck! I know how hard it is to be patient at this point...you just want it all over with. 

Sophie

akr9911
on 10/28/13 2:27 am
VSG on 06/20/13

It's your job to advocate for your health. If they want you to stop pestering them, they'll get on with it and do as you've requested. You're not a pest; you're a strong self-advocate.

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

SophieNJ
on 10/28/13 2:53 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I absolutely agree with you're being an health advocate for yourself!!  please don't get me wrong. however, this is just paperwork at this point, and, I'll tell you a little about how I used to work.  I was sort of a customer service person, did IT work, only not to the public, but for a large company for fellow employees (my customers).  and those with the loudest squeek did NOT get the fastest service.  my entire dept would moan and groan when seeing their name pop up on the phone....we'd let it go to voice mail, and get to them when we felt like it.  those who were nice to us got the quickest service.  I'm just saying...if you were in Macys' and started complaining loudly, they would probably listen to you very quickly.  but this is not Macys.   I'm more inclined to go with "you get more flies with honey"....best of luck Pharmagirl, let us know!  Us Jersey Girls rock! LOL

Sophie

tabethav
on 10/28/13 3:29 am - Glen Burnie, MD

I feel your pain! I still haven't received my letter either so I just emailed the office once again. We'll see what happens today I guess...

<3Tabethav<3

pharmagirl_45
on 10/28/13 3:48 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with

Thanks Guys!  I did put in my email to the coordinator that I'm sorry if I'm being a pest!  I also told her that I appreciate all the work that she is doing! 

I will keep you posted!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

Jus1nita
on 10/28/13 4:11 am - TX
VSG on 09/23/13
If you sent the request by email, it could be that she is out of the office and unable to access her emails in order to respond. Have you called the office to find out if she is in? If she's anything like me, she probably forgot to set her out-of-office auto response, or she may have gotten sick and called out. I would call to verify if she is in? If she's not, you can find out if anyone else is covering for her that can handle the request. That's the unfortunate thing about emails... When the person is out, no one can access the emails.

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views