Post op day 5 question

smittyjen
on 11/4/13 1:52 am
VSG on 10/30/13
Ok, so yesterday I had the diarrhea question, today a hunger question.....I have been pretty starved since day 1 and I'm wondering what it is..I'm on Prilosec(which I've taken for probably a year now) so I'm not sure it's acid related...I logically know that my stomach isn't the same size...I'm on full liquids now and see my surgeon Wed where I'll be upgraded to a soft diet...I was very pre-diabetic prior to surgery and I've watched the past couple of days my blood sugars drop...do I just have to suck it up till they stabilize or is this just good ole head hunger messing with my mind? Grrrr.....any thoughts would be appreciated
clchick
on 11/4/13 3:00 am
VSG on 10/07/13

I don't know about everyone else, but I felt like I was starving to death for the first wee****il I could start some actual soft foods.  The liquids didn't take away hunger for me.  Some nights I couldn't sleep.  I didn't feel like it was head hunger.  I felt like it was full on hunger.  My nutritionist told me to try to get in some pudding or yogurt.  Something with more substance than just actual liquids.

cc

smittyjen
on 11/4/13 3:04 am
VSG on 10/30/13
Thank you so much for the reply..just what I was thinking!
Nicki T.
on 11/4/13 8:47 am

I was so hungry that I actaully started crying at my 2 week check up. I was on a 14 liquid only pre-op diet and then 10 days or so  without eating or drinking much other than some water and popsickles (I could not stomach protein drinks after surgery). My surgeon must have thought I was nuts. I told him that at night, I want to start chewing on my arm......so he says....why don't you eat an egg??? I could have kissed him! It was more than an hour drive from his office to my house but I rushed home and made a big ole scrambled egg. I did not feel "full" after eating it, but the starving sensation did go away.  

It will get better once you get some more substantial or denser food in your belly. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 284 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 336 views