Unexpected NSV...pre-op, if it counts

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 11/8/13 5:05 pm
I'll try to keep this short and sweet. TRY being the key word, but I want to give the background.

I have a coworker who is in good shape (in my opinion) but constantly struggles with self image and weight management. She's much thinner than me and has expressed that she was picked on in school, which as a chubby girl my whole life have never really experienced, and I chalk it up to just different personalities.

Today at a training (the kind that leaves you wanting to stab you own eyes out) she caught me reading some info from the nutritionist. She asked what I was reading, as we have discussed weight loss issues many times, so I told her I was getting the sleeve in February. I wasn't sure what her response might be but I was pretty nervous. Her immediate response was,"Do you need someone to watch or help you with Dixie (my lab puppy)?" I was blown away by the gesture!

I may be pre-op but I am so thankful for the friends that I have made in life. Proof of my ability to make good choices!
Atl_Gadget_Grrl but u
can call me Charlotte

on 11/8/13 9:22 pm, edited 11/9/13 5:17 am
VSG on 06/12/13
That is very cool! Success comes from unexpected places! Are you going to take her up in her offer?

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

Linda B.
on 11/8/13 10:50 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12
An NSV counts anytime. This is a good one, you won't have to worry about your fur baby.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

grayC
on 11/9/13 1:38 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Thats NOT a co-worker...THATS a FRIEND!
What a great, positive reaction for you to get!

NatWaddyDoDaDay
on 11/10/13 6:01 pm
I agree! She has two labs of her own but my girl is a puppy, in every sense of the word. She literally prances like a deer when we play with the laser pointer. I don't know if I'll take her up on the offer but my mom offered to stay with me a few days after the surgery. My plan is to take my mom through puppy training and see if my pup responds to her. If so, I want my fur baby there for my recovery. If not, I fully trust my pup with my dear friend/coworker!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views