Sunday dinner...

grayC
on 11/10/13 12:33 am
VSG on 05/01/13
So I'm making rigatoni w/ vodka sauce tonite for dinner..I have leftover heavy cream from breakfast today ( French toast, I had a sausage, cheddar omelet) and I think I came up w/ a good recipe b/c I don't want the pasta...
I'm going to buy some zucchini, and yellow squash chunk them up par boil them then as I'm making my base for the vodka sauce take some out before I add in the vodka and cream, so it's just a regular sauce and brown up some turkey meat mix w/ a little grated parm and ricotta, toss together and bake off like a faux baked ziti...I'm hopeful this will come out DELISH...will keep you posted...

LosingSarah
on 11/10/13 1:10 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

I bet it will be good. One of my favorite dishes that I make, but is based off something my mom's made us since we were kids very similar and it's really good.

I take half them, scoop the seeds out, slice into 1/2"-1" chunks, then along with halved mushrooms, and red bell peppers roast with a light spray of olive oil, season with s & p until golden. Then I top with homemade marinara, and reduced fat cheddar or parmesan, or whatever I have.

I'm sure the addition to ground turkey would be a great addition. Especially for that protein we need :)

mickeymantle
on 11/10/13 1:37 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I might be better with spaghetti squash , I just had some for the first time a few weeks ago and love it , with garlic or spaghetti sauce

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

jubigirl
on 11/10/13 5:35 am
VSG on 08/26/13

Sounds Yummy!!! I'd love to hear about the outcome.

Kelli

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views