The wait begins...

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 11/10/13 3:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Friday, my surgeon's office submitted my paperwork for BCBS pre-auth. Eek!

It was supposed to go in around Halloween, but the psych letter was a bit late, and my GP didn't send the chart note about my first "medically supervised diet" visit with all of my other records, even after a second request. I called the surgeon's insurance coordinator (who is a SAINT!) and she said she'd send everything she had to Blue Cross, and if they asked about the missing note, she'd say, "Oops! Must have forgotten to fax it!" Luckily, I was able to pick up the missing note from the GP after work on Friday, so that can go in on Monday if needed.

Now the wait begins, and I'm reeeally nervous. I've been hoping to do this for so long, and I'd be crushed if they said no. My worry is the "morbidly obese for 5 years" biit; I didn't hit a BMI of 40 until 3 years ago (I think). While I had a BMI over 35 5 years ago, I didn't get diagnosed with high blood pressure and sleep apnea until a few years ago, so I didn't have 35 + comorbidity 5 years ago.

The surgeon says it's not a problem, that if I have the comorbidity NOW it still counts... but I'm nervous, and I get to wait two weeks to find out. At least there are others here who can sympathize :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

laushi91
on 11/10/13 6:04 am - NC

Good luck, I hope you get the go ahead soon.

pharmagirl_45
on 11/10/13 8:44 am - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
Good luck! I'm also waiting for approval now. I was denied once so now the appeal was submitted.

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

shannonmcgee
on 11/10/13 8:20 pm
VSG on 12/09/13

I am also having my surgeons office submit my info to BCBS today. I know what your going through. The waiting is horrible. All the what if's and the chance that they will not approve it. My BMI is 48.8. I am only 5'2" so that helps :). I wish you the best luck and hopefully we will be having the surgery about the same time.Good luck!!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 65 views