3 years out and needing help.

Keelan
on 11/10/13 7:01 am

So I feel like I have forgotten all what I have learned as I am 3 years out and having been having issues with my eating and staying on track.

Here's why:

I had some bowel issues since June and because of the constant diarrhea I was told I needed to eat more. So ok I did what I was told and as scary as it was I knew I needed the extra calories to be able to function. July and August were ok and my weight stable but then I ended up finding out I had hypothyroidism and put on synthroid. Now fast forward to September and October I started to gain weight. My joints are achy and hand swollen every morning.  The scales have showed an increase of 10-13 pounds depending on the day I weigh. Now I must admit I'm not perfect as being told to increase my calories was like giving me permission to put junky foods back in my body but I can't help but feel it's not just what I'm eating or how much I'm eating. I have completely fell off the wagon and I'm having a hell of a time getting back on it. My clothing is tight and my self esteem is suffering, I feel like a failure and I feel like I didn't learn anything throughout this journey. I'm lost and scared as I want to nip this in the butt now, I don't want to gain anymore weight.

Help me get back on track.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

LtWeight
on 11/10/13 8:50 am - MO
VSG on 07/29/13

My bariatric center has a psychologist, I had to see him and get approval before surgery along with follow-ups after surgery.  If your surgeon also has a psychologist or if you saw one before surgery maybe this would be a good time to visit with them and see if there are any suggestions on that front.  Also, I think getting back to the basics should help too (although I'm certainly no expert).  Go back through your surgeon's literature and maybe pick up a book on sleeve meals and ideas for maintenance.  I think it's great you are 3 years out and still visiting this site, there is certainly a lot of support here too.  I wish you the best and hope you keep us posted on your progress. 

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/13 9:45 am - Canada

Good for you for tackling this before 10lbs turnes into 50lbs.  There are lots of people on this board that can tell you what to eat.  I just want to encourage you that you can tackle this hiccup.  You have done this all before and were successful.  You have it in you and never lost it.  Don't give up!

A. Kondrlik
on 11/10/13 8:19 pm
VSG on 01/24/13

Thyroid issues dan play havoc with your weight.  Find out if your thyroid numbers are ok, your meds may need tweeked.

Anne

HW 259    GW 145    CW 140.2  Not finished yet?   

sunny10
on 11/12/13 12:25 am

First, get your thyroids under control.  Then start on 60% lean protein and 40% carbs daily.  Some exercise would also help.

Good luck!

Sunny10    
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 92 views