9 months post-op as of yesterday and down....

HilaryH8103
on 11/26/13 3:15 am - WA

144 pounds. It hasn't always been easy but it has been worth it. My advice to some of you newbies is to not listen to everything that you read on these boards especially stuff from SOME of the vets. What works for one person may not work for everyone.

Stay happy & stay healthy. Water is key!!!

Chrissy W.
on 11/26/13 4:30 am - Indianapolis, IN
VSG on 07/01/13

Thank you for saying this! It scares me to think that so many people take whatever is posted here as gospel. Every individual has to find what works for THEM and THEIR lifestyle... but I'm in the "live in moderation" camp, so what do I know ;)

VSG 7/1/13 with Dr. Jack Rutledge 28 y/o female - 5'10" - HW: 298GW: 174 - SW: 290 (-8) - M1: 262 (-28) - M2: 247 (-15) - M3: 235 (-12) - M4: 228 (-7 ~First Stall: almost 2 wks~) - M5: 218 (-10) - M6: 209 (-9) - M7: 199 (-10) Onederland on 1/31 - M8: 196 (-3) 100 lb total loss on 2/2 - M9: 192.6 (-3.4) - M10: 188.6 (-4) - M11: 182 (-6.6) - M12: 175.6 (-6.4) - M13: 173.8 (-1.8) CW (7/8/15): 167 - GOAL reached in 1 Year and 25 Days! - TOTAL WL - 131 lbs  

themexcellentone
on 11/26/13 7:30 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with
PREACH! That is all.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Cathy K.
on 11/26/13 4:49 am

WOW, CONGRATS.

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/13 7:47 am - AZ

Thats amazing!!!! : D

I cant wait to get my sleeve!!

wantagab
on 11/26/13 8:43 am

Thanks for your post! My surgery is in 6 weeks and people on here are scaring the hell out of me! I am realistic and I know there will be issues, but I think I need to stay off here a while before people make me change my mind. Good luck to you!

Cheryl

Somedude
on 11/26/13 10:35 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Way to go! I only lost a single pound my third week out so I figure I am in the dreaded and often spoken about 3 week stall but I am hoping to get right back to losing and eventually get similar results!

sonia29
on 11/26/13 11:11 am

Congrats!

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

sonia29
on 11/26/13 12:44 pm

First of all I would like to congratulation you on your massive loss.

I'm sorry but I don't agree with your statement concerning the vet's. I have been logging in daily on this forum since October 2012 (pre-op) about at least 40 times a day. Without the support of the vets I would have lost probably half of what I lost. Thanks to Frisco's insight pre-op, I got my surgeon to make me a small tight sleeve.  I'm convinced that I wouldn't have lost as fast otherwise:)  I didn't follow my surgeon's plan, even though he is a world renowned surgeon, he is not a nutritionist.  I thought there were too many carbs in the proposed diet and carbs were always my weakness.  So,  I actually followed the Dr Paul Cirangle plan.

Why did I do that?

Well, since I was a kid I was taught from my parents to always learn from the best and advance, so I did. I applied this in my life on every level.  However, during my early 20's, I started to gain weight at a rapid pace.  Even after a lifetime of dieting I became morbidly obese.  I had one more chance and that was the surgery.  The surgery, I paid out of pocket because I am self employed and I DIDNT WANT TO WAIT  7  years in the so called Free healthcare system in Quebec.

When you cut 85% of your stomach you'd better do things right afterwards and get to goal...

I don't consider myself a success yet but I have a 23.3 bmi. I understand that I could gain weight back and I will always have to battle to keep it down.  But I think I'm ready for the challenge.  Bottom line is obesity is a disease it will always haunt my head but I will always remember the help from the vets who took their own time for me and others to guide us during this life changing journey.

At last, I would like to Thank Again all the vets,  Elina, Frisco, Julia, Jenn, Linda, Kairk, Keith and so many others for all the support and on the behalf of all Obesity Help members in the Vsg forum.  Remember they are devoting their own time for us here  at no charge and with only their will to help others.  While I agree that each individual has different variables in their bodily composition and therefore each reacts in different ways to the various techniques of weight-loss, there are several main factors that contribute to each and every one of our weight-loss achievements and since I am not yet a vet, I don't feel I have the right to proclaim these techniques specifically.  The point I am trying to make is that the vets have lived through each mini-success and each stall and everything along the road by trying different methods.  They have learned from each trial and tribulation along their long paths to success.  I chose to learn from them and reach success faster and I will forever be grateful to them all.  This community spirit is what has keeps me going!  We can always try to do things on our own, but that is a lonely road; so why not learn from those who have already succeeded in our future goals is only my humble opinion.

Sonia

29y/ 5'4 / HW 265/SW 255/CW 120.1/Final goal 125

wantagab
on 11/27/13 10:37 am

Very well said! Congrats on your success. Did you ask your surgeon to make your stomach as small and tight as possible? My surgery is in 6 weeks and I am wondering if I should ask my surgeon to do that as well. What was the reason you asked about that? Was it because of concern of your stomach stretching back out?

THanks,

CHeryl

Cheryl

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 100 views