7 month surgeversary

grayC
on 11/30/13 11:23 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Hi OH peeps!

today is my 7 month surgeversary...

what can I possibly say about my sleeve that hasn't been uttered again and again on this forum...

so I'll just say what we all know...SAVED MY LIFE...IM HAPPIER NOW THAN I HAVE BEEN, IN TOO LONG...

IM OFF ALL MEDS!! That is a huge one and my driving force in getting the VSG...

i am down 4 lbs this month...I was hoping for 5 but HEY! I'll take it!

my measurements are chest: 36 waist: 32 hips: 36... I don't think my chest will go down any further since I see ribs now...

I also think that since I'm so close to goal...weight will come off slower..the race is not for the swift...and Im finally OK with that..

going into this I was all about well I'm gonna lose 12-15 lbs a month and be done with it in 5 months LOL...my body has a different idea...once again I'm OK with this...I've learned patience, I've learned how my body loses weight, how I hold water and how everyday even if I'm on point my body may just gift me with an additional 1-1.5 lbs....it's all good my weight is very subjective..

future short term goals include...getting thru the Christmas season w/o a weight gain....I have a plan mapped out in my head and I think I can implement this well and be successful..

saw my surgeon and NUT this week..he's very pleased and although my NUT says I should be at goal at 140 that that's a good weight for my height, my Dr. Surprised me and said if my goal is 130 he's a big supporter of going below goal maybe 125 b/c there could be some weight gain and then It levels out at about 2 yrs and I should be able to maintain 130... Something to think about,

b/c sitting here at 141, I feel good and comfortable, so we'll see...I want to hit goal to accomplish what I set out to do....but I think I am good with hitting that goal by my year surgeversary...

i have to say I love the journey I'm on..I've learned so much about myself and what I'm capable of, if I stay the course...

if I eat off plan...I own it and move forward, no more throwing my hands in the air saying well I f'*ed up...it's over and binge...

to all thinking about doing this surgery...RUN DON'T WALK to the best surgeon in your area and SAVE  YOUR  LIFE!!!!

cappy11448
on 12/1/13 12:01 am

Happy 7 month surgeversary, Sleeve Sister!  You are doing great. 

I concur with you that our bodies go at their own rate.  The weight does come off, and we'd be happier if we didn't set expectations on the timing of it. 

Keep up the good work.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

grayC
on 12/1/13 9:25 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Thanks Carol your doing great too!!!

I'm so happy that this surgery forced me to look at the way my body loses weight..

beforehand I'd just get frustrated and give up..I've learned so much about myself..

I feel I understand it so much better, like I was walking in the dark and someone flipped on the light.

TexasTerritory
on 12/1/13 12:38 am
VSG on 07/22/13
Congrats! I love knowing that you're still losing.

grayC
on 12/1/13 9:25 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you!

AnnaPat
on 12/1/13 2:58 am

That's such an awesome post!  Congratulations :)    I always like reading your posts, you are doing so well with your program and honest with your thoughts.  I'm almost at 4 months so I have a couple of time issue questions,  how is the hair loss at 7 months and what are your daily nutritional goals you go by?  Ex. Protein, carbs, exercise

thanks & congrats again!

Annapat

grayC
on 12/1/13 9:19 am
VSG on 05/01/13

Hi Annapat...

thank you for the kind words..

my hair loss has stopped but my hair itself is a horror show!!

I had thin, fine hair to begin with, so I took a hit and it's kinda straw like now...

the good news is, I don't think anyone notices but me and I I invested in some cute hats to wear

when I'm feeling it's looking real bad...

I have muppet hair coming in ( new hair growth that sticks up like a muppets hair) so that's a plus..I feel that by 

my year surgeversary it should be pretty much back to where it was..

as for my nutrition goals I stay between 600-800 calories and very minimum on carbs 20-30 I'd say I don't track them..

but I don't eat any carbs whatsoever, ...no bread,pasta,rice or potatoes it's just all protein all the time

as for exercise I do crossfit, and on off days 1/2 hr on the elliptical...hope this helps.

Miss150
on 12/1/13 3:44 am

Great post- love the attitude and the way you are learnig how to work and cooperate with tour body and reality- Beautiful!  

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

grayC
on 12/1/13 9:26 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I have to tell you, I feel more aware and clearheaded than I have in a long long time...

Nmmsg
on 12/1/13 4:21 am
VSG on 07/09/13

How great Grace!   I am so pleased for you.  We are so lucky to have found this tool.  Onward to Christmas! 

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views