8 month surgeversary..EPIC FAIL!!!

grayC
on 1/1/14 10:20 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

So yesterday was my 8 month surgeversary...

it is NOT GOOD! 

I knew going into this month that I was going to struggle...homemade cookies are MY CRACK!

I did well up till 2 weeks ago..Not loosing but also not gaining..my trouble started when I got busy and threw my plan out the window...for a person who was getting a gallon of water a day..I started averaging no more than 4-5 cups a day.

Forgetting to take my vitamins..the works!

on the 23rd I made cookies for my family..figuring I'd only have 1-2 each day..and the they be gone..but when you make 20 dozen choc.chip..5 doz oatmeal raisin, 5 doz sugar, and tried a new recipe called cool whip cookies 4 doz...then I had left over chips so what do I do I make white and semi sweet covered pretzels...although I gave out a lot as gifts I went TOTALLY  OFF THE RAILS!

i have gained 10 LBS!!!! I'd like to chalk it up to not even being close to meeting my water requirements..but I know it's also all the snacking I was doing...I started back on my program and dropped 2.5 in a day so I'm confident that it'll come off and I not really that upset..disappointed maybe at my lack of willpower, but I'm a food addict, did I really think that I was going to just skate thru this holiday..to be totally truthful with you, yes,my mentality was I have lost 85 lbs..I not that person anymore...but I am, I will always have that compulsive mentality when it comes to certain foods ( I'm talking to you cookies..and homemade cheesecake and homemade rice pudding) and I also, and this is GROSS...I DUMPED for the first time..not pretty and you know what it is the second it happens to you..the good news about that happening to me is that I hope it taught me a lesson about over indulging, so that I'll think twice before I try to stuff something down when I already know I'm full to busting...but I'll truly only know if I learned a lesson the next time I'm faced with the goodies I can't seem to keep my paws off of....

so here I am..back on plan..I don't seem to be craving anything..OH and heres one think that makes me hopeful...in the midst of this feeding frenzy, I actually craved program food..I wanted tilapia and salmon in the worst way..I didn't eat it, but I was craving the good for me stuff, which has never happened my lifetime and makes me realized I HAVE changed, I just let old destructive habits eek back into my life for a short period of time and I need to be mindful when I see this happening again....

HERES TO A HEALTHY,  HAPPY 2014 TO US ALL..BECAUSE WE DESERVE IT!!!!!

Keith L.
on 1/1/14 10:27 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sounds like you actually recovered pretty well. Just keep your eye on the prize. Your ticker says 11 lbs to go not sure if that should be 21 now but even if it is 21, you are close, so stick with it. Don't let the special occasion break you as it very often does.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:31 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Hey Keith..

should be 21... But as this is a temporary situation, I won't adjust...

BetterTheSecondTime
on 1/1/14 10:33 pm - Cortlandt Manor, NY

I am really thankful for honest messages like this....I am not glad you slipped & struggled, but I am glad to know that if it does happen, it isn't the end of the road...that the sleeve helps us regroup and carry on!

Good luck getting back to the basics and back to losing :-)

Keith L.
on 1/1/14 10:53 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Think of it like falling off of a bike. You don't want to do it, but if you do, you get right back up and get back on!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:38 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

I decided when I joined OH that on this forum especially I would be truthful and brutality honest in regards to my weight loss journey...I am surrounded by great people here going thru the same struggles I am dealing with, so where else but here would I bare my soul...living a life full of denial and not facing the reality of my destructive nature when it comes to food mostly,  but also with other things in my life had led me to be a depressed mess of a woman, barely functioning in my life..sleepwalking Thru life would be more accurate..no more...I'll always call myself out..I'm not perfect, I don't profess to be perfect and I want it all out there,  because I know my OH. Peeps understand...and I want to let others here know, if they are struggling that they are not alone.

pharmagirl_45
on 1/1/14 10:44 pm - NJ
VSG on 01/14/14 with
You are human! You know what needs to be done and you are back on track. Don't beat yourself up because you are doing great!

VSG on 1/14/14 with Dr. Samuel Wasser

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:39 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thanks!

its really a slap in the face when you think you got it all figured out

and it comes back to bite you in the AZZ!!

MayPenGirl
on 1/1/14 10:52 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Nobody's perfect.  We all have our weaknesses.  You have recognized what you did and have started to get back on track.  You've been doing awesome before this and will continue to do so now that you're back in the right mindset.  You can do this!!

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

grayC
on 1/1/14 11:41 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Thank you! 

I often wake up thinking this is all a dream and I'm still 85# overweight...

I actually tap in my protruding hip bones before I get out of bed to reassure me that it's not a dream...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views