Howdy

EmmyK
on 2/3/14 6:16 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

I'm Emmy.  I finally decided to explore WLS last summer.  I had UHC at the time, and all of the docs in Virginia said I should go with the RNY.  So, I started my six months program.  Month 5 was December...and we moved to California.  Got some sweet Anthem BC insurance and met with a few docs who all said that they prefer the sleeve for me.  One submitted before I was sure he was the one for me, and I was approved right away.  I met with the doctor who will do my surgery last Friday.  He wants to see me "in a month," and if I've lost weight (his coordinator says he just wants to see a trend.  He wouldn't give me a hard and fast number,) we will schedule surgery for March.

I'm so excited, but, since Summer, I've been in the RNY mindset.  I'm pretty psyched to be getting the sleeve instead.  I just need to learn more!

I've been modifying my behavior all of this time.  The holidays weren't great, but I'm back on track, and I can't wait to make 2014 a fantastic year.

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

GingerJen
on 2/3/14 7:17 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Awesome! Welcome and congrats. I am pre op too. I'm trying to make a lot of the Changes now to make it easier- 80-100 oz water, no drinking 30 min before and 30 min after eating, 80-100g protein, only healthy carbs, chewing my food really well (that's a mind trip- takes so long!), regular exercise, vitamin, calcium, vit d, no caffeine or carbonation. 

Those are the recs from my program. I just started to make them one at a time and it became easy!  And I read a ton on here-positives and even posts on the regrets forum. 

I have my surgeon appt thurs! So excited! Has gone faster than I thought because my insurance changed 1/1 and so I didn't have to do their phone program over 12 weeks. 

37 y/o female 5'8" HW 355 consult 329 SW (3/7/2014)301 CW 168 goal 170

M1- 26 M2- 14 M3- 15 M4 -13 M5 -16 M6-12 M7-2 M8-5 M9-6 M10-8 M11-1 M12-5  M13-10 Goal reached 4/5/15 total lost 187 lbs total; 133 in the 13 months since surgery

EmmyK
on 2/3/14 7:35 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

Yes!  Making one change at a time is the way to go.  The no drinking at meals was weird, but it's no big thing now.  And counting as I chew...

I'm definitely reading everything I can find.  Thanks!

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

TexasTerritory
on 2/3/14 7:39 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I love my sleeve. My pre-op, surgery, recovery and post-op have been perfect. I wish the same for you.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views