Ok, I may have jumped ahead a little...

wendyred
on 2/23/14 9:39 am
Ok, I may have technically jumped ahead a little... I am eating a very soft runny scrambled egg with a little bit of goat cheese mixed in....heaven! Eggs are one of my favorite foods. I am not to start pureed foods until Friday when I am 3 weeks post op. However, I have been eating fairly thick blended soups and cream of wheat that is thicker than I realized it was supposed to be. Plus I am swallowing whole pills and capsules without difficulty.  I also made a Moroccan chicken in the crockpot that uses a store bought just add chicken sauce that I think will be pretty good pureed.  I will not have anything with more texture than this until I move to soft foods at 4 weeks. I have been pretty quiet and read more than I post and appreciate all of you for sharing your questions, thoughts, experiences, etc. Thanks.  I will now add my ticker as I was down 18 pounds since surgery on 2/7/14

wendyred
on 2/23/14 9:41 am, edited 2/23/14 9:41 am
Ok, how do I show the pounds lost? I went to edit this and sadly unless it's obvious I am lost. :/
happyteacher
on 2/23/14 9:45 am

Don't rush your stages... your tummy needs time to heal.  Plus, the more you rush stages the faster you get to  higher calories so overall... don't rush.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

trinoc
on 2/23/14 9:47 am - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Interestingly, mashed runny eggs were a part of my puree stage based on the packet from my nutritionist.  :-) 

Congrats on the weight loss!

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Ihearttennis
on 2/23/14 9:57 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Wow. 18 lbs is great. I agree that you shouldn't really rush your stages. Scrambled eggs weren't allowed for me until 4 weeks but I know plans are different. Just make sure you measure everything, log it and under eat your sleeve. You'll do great! 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

FindingMyWeigh
on 2/23/14 10:07 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I still haven't tried eggs yet at 4 months out and I strictly followed my food phase plan because if you start messing around with your surgeons proven formula for success you're already on a slippery slope. None of us got to be obese because we were accused of having good judgement regarding food. 

themexcellentone
on 2/23/14 11:33 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

Your doctor has you advancing to the various stages for a reason.  Don't get ahead of his/her instructions.  Give your new sleeve a chance to heal up before you start putting it through its paces because it may not be ready even though in your head, you think you are.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

VSG on 06/12/13

The biggest reason they have us take it slowly is because our remaining pyloric valves + small capacity = a high pressure system. The staple line is the weakest link in that system. Liquids pass through at a lower pressure than do purees, and they pass through at a lower pressure than dense proteins. That is why our diets increase over time as our tummies are healing. They don't progress us slowly to torture us, they progress us slowly to make sure we will be safe and successful.

Please stick to your doc's plan and call them if questions.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

wendyred
on 2/23/14 10:10 am, edited 2/23/14 10:14 am
Thanks. My plan will allow soft scrambled eggs in 5 days along with pureed meats, retried beans etc. I will slow down and not get ahead of myself. I had about half of my egg and spent 30 minutes eating that half. It sitting okay and I do either hiccup or burp when I am done. So far it's been a really good indicator. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 87 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 300 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 347 views