Day 1 of Pre-Op Liquid Diet

civilmomma
on 2/24/14 10:59 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

Well, I'm in the final countdown to surgery day.  I started my 10 day pre-op diet today.  5 to 6 drinks (8oz) of high protein liquids (water or skim milk based protein drinks) plus sugar-free clear liquids.  I am supposed to get 65-100g of protein a day - the NUT told me not to go over 100g b/c it can cause upset stomach.  I've got Iso 100, Isopure and Isoflex powders plus a stash of GNC total lean RTD, plus a few bottles of the clear Isopure bottled drinks. 

I think the hardest part of all this will be cooking for my children while I can't have anything.

I took a bunch of body measurements and weighed myself this morning.  I wonder how much I will loose just in these 10 days. 

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

(deactivated member)
on 2/24/14 11:17 pm - Canada

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised over the next 10 days.  Sip your shake while your cooking so you aren't hungry while cooking.

You can do this...your in the home stretch!

mollz007
on 2/25/14 11:47 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Good luck! My pre op diet was just like yours. It was hard at first, but it got way easier around day 3. Just remember it will be worth it and you will be so glad you lost weight before surgery. My doctor told my family while I was out after surgery that my liver and other organs looked great- and I'm betting the pre op diet didn't hurt! Plus any weight lost pre op gives you a good boost I think.

check out my blog!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views