first day back

mollz007
on 3/10/14 6:32 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Today I went back to work. Everyone was so nice and was glad to see me. A few people told me I looked good and wanted to know how much I lost. A lot of people were also curious about my diet so I explained to them what I could eat and how much. Yesterday my husband and I had Mexican for lunch and I brought leftovers for lunch. It was a small piece of cheese quesadilla. They were all shocked that that little piece would fill me up! I know it's hard to grasp the concept when you still have a big stomach haha. Anyway the day went fine. I was tired at the end of the day but that's normal. I have class tonight and wish I could have caffeine but I'll live. I had a yogurt before I left work so that should hold me over.

check out my blog!

sunspray
on 3/10/14 7:35 am

Hi, I had surgery the day before you so I like to follow your posts even though I mostly just lurk around here. I go back to work Friday. I am just curious how the tortilla on the quesadilla went down. Obviously you didn't have a problem? Still figuring out what to eat and when. I know all surgeons' plans are different but yours sounds very similar to mine. I categorized tortillas with bread and wasn't planning on having it for about 6+ months. Glad to hear you had a good day back to work! :)

mollz007
on 3/10/14 12:12 pm
VSG on 02/20/14

The tortilla went down fine! I'm not going to make eating bread a habit, but I checked the carbs on MFP before I left and it wasn't too bad. 

check out my blog!

wendyred
on 3/10/14 11:29 am

Sounds like a good day! I too had so many questions about what I am eating, how much, etc...

KellyH67
on 3/10/14 12:50 pm - Richmond, VA
VSG on 02/19/14

I went back to work today, too.  I felt pretty good.  I loaded up my snack drawer with things I could have and I'm set for a couple of weeks.  :-)  I have to say…I like those applesauce pouches…they may be for toddlers and kids…but I like them, too.  I haven't tried bread yet…a few more weeks for me.  I still have to practice chewing more…when something goes down that's a bit too big, man does that hurt.  LOL!  Glad it went well today!

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection.  Excellence I can reach for.  Perfection I leave up to God."  Michael J. Fox

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views