Let's talk Alcohol,NSV's and body dysmorphia

grayC
on 3/24/14 12:53 am
VSG on 05/01/13

It's been an interesting couple weeks for me...

let's start with NSV's cause there everyone's favorite...

I have now bought 3 pairs of size 4 pants..all different makers and types.. 2 pair of jeans which of course have give

and a cute pair of Mellon color capris that have no give whatsoever!

Now I know being a child of the '80's that today's 4 IS NOT the 4 of the past, but I say why look backward..

.forward motion is the best!!!

As I was on my quest for jeans I went into The Limited and a very chic salesgirl came up to me and asked if she could help then proceeded to say..." What size are you?" I said 4 or 6 depending on cut and was expecting the condescending up and down looked that screamed "in your dreams!!" But she just went and got me what I needed..no one has EVER asked my size before...

also I'd say about 4-5 years ago I was in Walmart and saw this cute crochet tank top that I bought in a size XL as incentive to get into...well we all know how that goes...I tried it on in the summer maybe about 2 months out

and it was a little tight..it has no give at all..

well it got lost in the shuffle of new clothes and I just rediscovered it this weekend..oh it didn't fit..don't  BOOHOO for me yet..was TOO BIG!!  It's so cute that I think I'm going to try it have it tailored which is kind of a waste since it was only 14.99 but it represents something that I thought I'd never do...and I'd like to wear it...

which is now leading to my body dysmorphia...I am now a size small or medium in shirts but without fail I always buy large, which leads to me driving back and forth for returns ( I know I should try on there, but never have and it's a hard habit to break) that being said..I'd save a hell of a lot of time and gas money, if I did try on there... One to work on..also when I see my pants on a hanger my first thought is " they are HUGE!!..WTH is THAT!!....Old Grace would give me a beatdown!!!

and lastly alcohol...me and the hubby went out to dinner with friends this weekend and I badly wanted a chocolate  martini..so after I looked up the online menu, I looked up calories in chocolate martini..which has been my go to for YEARS...anyway

they are almost 400 calories a serving!!! In pre-VSG life I'd easily have 4 or more that's 1600 calories on drink alone!!

I settled on vodka and cranberry ( don't care for wine!!!a SIN  I know!!) wanted DIET cranberry they didn't have it..anyway as I've stated in the past..1/2 of this drink served in a tiny little glass got me BLITZED but I also realized that I sobered up no more than 5-10 minutes later..interesting...anyway sorry for the long winded post but I figured I'd put it all out there at once rather than make multiple posts...have a great week OH PEEPS!!! 

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/14 1:14 am - Canada

Thanks for sharing...sounds like your having a blast with clothes! Congrats!

grayC
on 3/24/14 1:25 am
VSG on 05/01/13

My credit cards now frequently burst into flames, I use them so much!!

danixbanani
on 3/24/14 1:51 am - NY
VSG on 10/12/12 with

I always loved shopping even when I was way bigger...now?  My credit cards also burst into flames every time they're swiped lol

band to sleeve revision and loving life!

You do you, and I'll do me

tdallison
on 3/24/14 4:10 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

I have traded my food addiction for shopping.     LOL!!     Thank goodness my hubby doesnt mind the shopping! 

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Tracy D.
on 3/24/14 4:19 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

A size 4 - woweeee!     That's terrific - you need to most some pics, lady :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

grayC
on 3/24/14 4:50 am
VSG on 05/01/13

There are some pictures on my profile page but no full body they always come out grainy and weird..

I Sux at selfies!

Imakitekat
on 3/24/14 8:36 pm - ID
VSG on 09/23/13

That is so awesome, size 4 is great! I'm not near my goal yet, but I went thrift store shopping last weekend because all my clothes now are too big and I totally understand about the clothes, I held them up and thought they were too small, nope they fit. It's such an odd phenomenon....I am just starting to be able to look in the mirror and start to see me how I am now. I notice it also in going to a restaurant and I fit in the boot he's easily, fit in old style movie seats or walking in antique stores and being able to negotiate the narrow walk ways......such a strange experiance!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 271 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views