TMI...need 2 no about BM 5 day out

CHERRYBELLA14
on 3/28/14 8:57 am

sleeved on monday...came hm wed....did good with fluds yesterday...today im not feeling that great )= idk but i havent had a BM since the sat b4 surg )= dr says try colace any other ideas...dose this even seem normal? ps:im on my cell with terrible conection so sorry 4 the typos and layout....xoxo

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...* IF YOU DON'T STEP FORWARD...YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE SAME PLACE.

KevinBacon
on 3/28/14 9:23 am
VSG on 03/10/14

Congrats on your new sleeve :D 

No worries on the bathroom issues. I added miralax to my water for two days and that worked well for me. :) I was on day 14! When you're not eating, you're not eating! haha 

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

mickeymantle
on 3/28/14 9:50 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

it is not unusual not to go for the first week or so, very little solids go in at first , also then the diarrhea usually starts till you start solid foods , then back to constipation till you start eating higher fiver food (veggies), coffee helps me alot

and once in a while milk of magnesia , maralax and smooth go tea did not help me much

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

megan.sherman
on 3/28/14 10:29 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I was sleeved on the 17th and took Mirilax 2 days after surgery.  I went poo and then didn't stop going!  I still have diarrhea 10 days later...although certainly not from the Mirilax!  I am currently taking pepto bismol tablets four times a day to treat H. Pylori and that didn't even stop the runs.

I also had my gallbladder removed so that could be contributing to my problem.

KevinBacon
on 3/28/14 10:31 am
VSG on 03/10/14

I also had mine removed and I have only went three times since surgery. Hmmm

HW: 318 Date of Surgery: 3/10/14 SW: 270  CW: 154

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/14 8:23 pm
megan.sherman
on 3/29/14 12:29 am
VSG on 05/17/14

My pre surgery H. Pylori test was negative but the doctor did a biopsy during surgery and it was positive.  Aside from the pepto, I am taking an antibiotic twice a day, metronidazole four times a day and Zantac four times a day.  I think the pepto is part of the regimin as I had just called them earlier the day I was ordered the meds asking for an anti-diarrhea medicine and they said no.

megan.sherman
on 3/28/14 10:40 am
VSG on 05/17/14

Guess I'm just lucky.  Lol

CHERRYBELLA14
on 3/28/14 2:37 pm

thanx for the feedback i have miralax so im gunna try some! (= im jus greatfull this is my only real issue....thanx all (=

A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGINS WITH A SINGLE STEP...* IF YOU DON'T STEP FORWARD...YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE SAME PLACE.

Scorpio98
on 3/29/14 9:11 am

Sleeved this past Monday, finally had a BM on Thursday afternoon.  First attempt to go almost worked, but the turtle wouldn't come out of the shell, so to speak.  Walked around a bit and had 3-4 teaspoons of the cup of coffee I made my boyfriend, and that did the trick.  Haven't gone since Thursday, but my doctor told me that was normal.  

Has anyone tried adding a Starbucks coffee VIA to their protein shake?  I used to do that pre-surgery to give my chocolate shake some flavor and get my caffeine fix.  I know we're not supposed to drink coffee/tea with caffeine, but no one has said anything about adding a little instant coffee to a protein shake to get things moving.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views