Did not want to get out of the bed today?

Amber G.
on 4/17/14 2:45 am
VSG on 04/02/14

It's me again :) Today is day 15 for me. All of a sudden today, I felt like all the energy has been zapped from me. I seriously did not want to get out of bed. I don't feel sick, just really tired! Did any of you experience this in the beginning or from time to time after surgery? Thanks!

mickeymantle
on 4/17/14 2:57 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

thats normal , the surgery is catching up with you and the low calories, it will improve when you start whole foods again 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Amber G.
on 4/17/14 3:01 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thanks Mickey

MAchick
on 4/17/14 2:59 am
VSG on 01/27/14

The first week or so I had a nap almost every day. Then I started to gain my strength back. I went back to work after about a month,  and that was exhausting because I was just starting soft foods. Now I do pretty well on energy,  but have  occasional day where I'm just worn out. The other day I was tired,  in a horrible mood, and passed out for two hours in the afternoon. Sometimes your body just needs it.

Amber G.
on 4/17/14 3:02 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thank you Machick

(deactivated member)
on 4/17/14 3:29 am
Amber G.
on 4/17/14 3:42 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Aww I wish I could have stayed in bed ;( But have to work. I also think I may be in this infamous stall everyone talks about, as I have stayed at the same weight for 4 days thus far. Whaaaa! 

ataglimpse
on 4/17/14 4:29 am
VSG on 04/09/14

I am 1 week and a day out today I didn't want to get out of bed either!!! This is the most drained I have felt since surgery.  I was worn out after french braiding my daughters hair lol.  I am sorry you can't rest more today. Make sure you get your protein and fluids while your at work.  I have been getting north of 30 grams of protein a day.  But, today I am going to try and see how close I can get to 60. May be that will help increase our energy. Thinking of you today. 

Amber G.
on 4/17/14 6:57 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Thank you! I sure hope you are feeling better real soon here too! I did feel a bit better once I had my espresso mocha/vanilla shake. I have been doing good pretty good on protein, but only because of shakes and I bought some flavorless protein to add to what I do eat. My water intake sucks today though :( 

hollyk79
on 4/17/14 7:47 am - NE ALBERTA, Canada
with

Amber I am feeling exactly the same today!!! Dragged my butt out of bed to do a few necessary things and now I have myself parked on the couch for a rest. I am having the same stall as you as well... Scale has only moved 0.1 for each of the last 3 days :( I am so relieved that you seem to be having the exact same experience as me (not that I am glad you are tired, etc but just that this must be normal).  Rest up and I am sure this will pass!

Sleeved April 2 /14

5'8" tall HW 269.4 SW 251 CW 230.2

Goal?? 160 sounds good but who knows

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views