non whey protein powder! helppp!

(deactivated member)
on 4/25/14 2:46 am
VSG on 03/04/14 with

Me three!

JadedPerception
on 4/24/14 6:38 am - Las Vegas, NV

You may think I am strange, but I have been drinking CLICK PROTEIN shakes (I like the mocha) since before my surgery 3.5 years ago, and still drink one every single day. I am not a fan of whey protein. The smell alone kills me. This is a soy protein, mix it with some soy milk (chocolate or vanilla) and it is simply delicious! I would cry if I missed a day.

*Jolynn*

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/24/14 8:44 am

Click has milk proteins in in. 

other Ingredients: Calcium caseinate, instant espresso coffee, fructose, cocoa (processed with alkali), nonfat milk, sunflower oil, maltodextrin, natural flavor, magnesium carbonate, salt, carrageenan, sodium caseinate, potassium phosphate, mono and di-glycerides, sucralose, soy lecithin, ascorbic acid, ferrous sulfate, alpha-tocopherol acetate, zinc sulfate, selenium amino acid chelate, niacinamide, vitamin A palmitate, copper gluconate, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, chromium dinicotinate glycinate, tocopherols added to protect flavor, riboflavin, thiamine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, potassium iodide, phytonadione, vitamin D3, and vitamin B12.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

cindylou59
on 4/24/14 2:05 pm

Check Arbonne.com. they have all vegan protein powder, all natural products. Very tasty.

happyteacher
on 4/24/14 9:28 pm

There is a soy protein available at Sams or Costco.  I can't think of the name off hand, but it is a large brown bag for the chocolate option.  Muscle Milk light also is lactose free, but I am not certian if that is the same thing as dairy free.  Be warned, personally I think that the muscle milk tastes like asshole.  I bought a huge tub of powder newly sleeved because it was cheaper and had good stats.  I could only tolerate it in my coffee.  The soy stuff though my daughters just love and I still buy it for them.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

ataglimpse
on 4/24/14 9:49 pm
VSG on 04/09/14

I actually have a milk allergy and I use an egg white based protein and it is sweetened with stevia.  It is called Jay Robb.  You can order it online.  I got mine from Amazon in strawberry and Chocolate.  They do have vanilla too.  It has 24 grams for protein per serving.  I mix mine with soy milk which adds another 7 grams of protein.  I really like it and its not so sicky sweet.  And the fact that it is 31 grams of protein in 8 ounces is great.  This has allowed me to get more water in a day.  I would recommend mixing it with a fork because if you shake it..it gets to foamy.  I am thrilled that I don't have to deal with the asthma issues and the itching that I get from the whey based protein. And all the unhealthy non plant based artificial sweeteners too.  Costco and Sams do have a soy based protein but it doesn't taste as good and you have to drink more of it too.  

There are some other ones out there but this one has the best bang for the buck.  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views