non whey protein powder! helppp!

shutterfly
on 4/24/14 2:51 am - vancouver, Canada

Hi OH FAM. 

I'm looking for a non whey protein powder that tastes good and is easy on the sugar. Help!! 

gabby169kitty
on 4/24/14 3:09 am

For inquires such as yours I like to go to amazon.com. There I can find products which have been reviewed by sometimes hundreds of people. I narrow my search to products rated 4+ stars.  I found a 3 pound bag of organic hemp protein. 80 calories  12 grams of fiber, 1 g sugar, 4 g fat and 11 g protein. So not super high in protein but may be worth stirring into stuff for the fiber alone.  The reviews say it adds a nutty flavor, which I like sometimes. organic hemp protein

Here is the search results for soy protein powder with 4+ star reviews. It also includes other non-whey powders such as rice. non whey protein powders

I hope this helps. I've been meaning to search for hemp protein powder but never got around to it, until now, thanks to your post.

Surgery will be hopefully in October or November 2014, with Dr. Megan Gilmore

gabby169kitty
on 4/24/14 3:21 am

Here is pea protein and it's made from non-gmo sources, something important to me. This one is unflavored but if you scroll down a bit you'll find the flavored varieties.  pea protein

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/24/14 3:26 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

You can try going to Bariatric advantage, celebratevitamins, & unjury websites for different quality protein powders, or shop at vitamin shoppe or gnc, they also might have different protein powders & is low in sugar, amazon & walmart too, Good luck!

gabby169kitty
on 4/24/14 3:44 am

If you find something you're interested in at other websites do some checking around for prices. I've found specialty shops to be more expensive. Although it might be more cost effective for trying small or sample sizes. GNC does offer a 30 day return policy if you don't like something which is a real plus if you have one close by and are just trying out products.

Tracy D.
on 4/24/14 3:56 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Are you avoiding whey proteins because of an allergy or intolerance to lactose?  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

shutterfly
on 4/24/14 4:07 am - vancouver, Canada

Yes. I am allergic to cows milk. 

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/24/14 6:07 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I get the vanilla soy protein powder from Trader Joe's, and I really like it. No funky aftertaste, and I really like to mix it into a little bit of oatmeal in the morning. Good stats on it too, 2 scoops = 120 cal, 25g protein, 1g carbs.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

HuskerBrenda
on 4/24/14 7:10 am - Omaha, NE
VSG on 09/23/13

Not trying to hijack the post...but I just have to say it. I freaking love your name. Every time I read "Secret Agent Sparklekitty" it makes me laugh. 

45y/o  5'4" Sleeve 9/23/13 Dr. Thomas White  HW 245; SW 232.8; CW 141.8

gabby169kitty
on 4/24/14 9:06 am

Me too!

Most Active