Planning for new clothes...

EmmyK
on 4/28/14 4:51 pm - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

Surgery in Wednesday.  To keep me busy and not thinking about food/surgery, etc, I had my colors done.  The full on color draping to see what looks best.  I figure if I'm going to have to buy all new everything, I should know what looks good!

Interestingly, I'm in a category I would have never guessed.  Now, I'm just playing with Pinterest and planning for the NSVs!  So. Many. Colors.

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

Plumlove
on 4/28/14 7:27 pm

Awesome I never thought of color draping! I just window shopped the smaller sizes for inspiration. 

jamiemarlowe
on 4/28/14 8:11 pm

I hope I'm not the only one clueless but what is color draping? and how do you do it?

Stacy_WLS
on 4/28/14 10:34 pm

Be careful buying new clothes.  Some of my favorite new dresses are already too big :(  (boo, but also yay!).  I think as I get smaller 5 lbs makes a much bigger difference in clothes than it used to.  

Also - what is color drapping?

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 4/28/14 11:38 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

That's great!  I remember this was a big thing back in the late 80's and early 90's.  It's really educational :-)  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

G5x5
on 4/28/14 11:59 pm - VA

The best advice any of us can give you about buying new clothes is (sadly): "buy nothing".  LOL

This process can work so fast it makes ANY money spent on cloths, before you reach true maintenance, just plain wasted.  I'd be embarrassed to admit how much this fact cost me between stuff I bought to early or had to re-tailor multiple times.

The best thing to do wait as long as possible before you buy anything (and I mean REALLY REALLY wait - wait until it's just plain painful).  Window shop until your heart is content; this will help you sort out what your new style will be (don't assume it'll be the same as it is now).  When really needed buy only one item and recycle it daily.  Within 2-3 weeks that item be no good for you anymore and ready for Goodwill.  Yeah, I know, not the best optics, but it will save you a ton of dough in the end.

This is one of the sucky parts.  Just when you start get excited about all the new clothing sizes and options your best course of action is to wait.  However, once you reach true maintenance, whip out the credit cards and go freaking crazy!  I need a second closet at this point.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

EmmyK
on 4/29/14 2:15 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

Thanks everyone.  I was looking ahead to goal, mostly.  I figure it couldn't hurt for the times that I will be checking out Goodwill and clearance racks.

Color draping is where you meet with someone trained in it.  They have color swatches that they drape over you (with your hair covered in a neutral gray scarf) to see what colors work best for you...it was interesting to see how certain colors I *thought* were good on me caused me to look yellow/brought out shadows that colors I never would have tried were amazing.

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views