2 years post op and expecting. Struggling

ACBrequelle
on 6/24/14 7:05 am

Hey everyone.  I am 2 years post op and expecting my 3rd baby.  I lost 70 with VSG and still didn't get near my goal.  I am only 6 weeks pregnant but I'm STARVING all of the time. Prior to pregnancy I was frustrated because I was an avid exeriser and ate very little but stopped losing.  I DO NOT want to weight 255# again but I want my baby to be healthy.  Any tips for keeping weight down and helping with the hunger/cravings but eating enough to stay healthy.  I'm getting depressed about hitting 200# again.  I never wanted to weight that again and now I'm only 5# off.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/24/14 7:19 am
VSG on 10/09/12

This was before I was fat and before the sleeve but I had three pregnancies where I gained less than 10 lbs each time. The days of a healthy (fast) metabolism! It was all baby weight. My babies were all perfectly healthy, at term, weighed 8 lbs each and I left the hospital weighing less than when I started the pregnancy.

I did take my pre natal vites and iron and whatever the doc told me to take and do. So it is unusual I guess, but possible not to gain (a lot of) weight and have a perfectly normal pregnancy, delivery and a healthy child. I also never got morning sickness with any of the three. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

happyteacher
on 6/24/14 8:45 am

Similar experience with baby 1 and baby 2 for me.  Baby 1 came home from the hospital at my wieght prior to getting pregnant.  Almost the same for baby 2-- put on a "diet due to gestantional diabeties... still ate tons, and it was exceptionally healthy.  Loads of fresh greens, veggies, fruit, protein, carbs... this is where I got the direction to eat 30 carbs at a meal and 15 for snacks (net) to keep the blood sugars humming at an even keel.  Worked great then, still does now.  It is critical you do not eat empty calories.  Track your food and your vitimin intake, and work with a NUT.  It is entirely possible.  My problem was for all 3 babies the 40 pound gain after giving birth for each.  

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/24/14 2:51 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

That is exactly what happened to me! I gained 25 lbs AFTER each delivery while I was at hime breastfeeding thinking that everyone loses weight when breastfeeding. Not! Three kids, 75 lbs that never went anywhere and 25 of their friends came along in the years since. Slowly but surely. Until the VSG!

and I also had GD with the first one but not the 2nd or the third.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

happyteacher
on 6/24/14 11:02 pm

My gain brought and extra 40 friends, lol.  I think I am just a supersized version of you! 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

grayC
on 6/24/14 8:26 am
VSG on 05/01/13

I was so overweight with my pregnancies that I gained NO weight with the first

and actually lost weight while pregnant with the twins..my assumption was that I ate so many calories 

to keep me at 225-250 before pregnancy that I just couldn't eat enough to support my weight and 

gestize babies.. With my 1/st baby I came out 15lbs lighter (gained it right back) and with the twins 

I lost 40lbs and also back before I knew it... This I know is not normal but it was for me..

don't eat much more than your plan...your babies take nutrients from you..take your pre natal and iron

IMHO and I am No DR..if your close to 200lbs I would not go hog wild..add more dense protein and 

some healthy fat..but do not make this an excuse to give into cravings..you'll regret it in the long run.

Nmmsg
on 6/24/14 8:36 am
VSG on 07/09/13

I would make sure your protein gets eaten first.  It will help close the pyloric valve.  I gained 35 lbs with my first baby and only 20 with the second.  Believe me- it was much easier to lose weight after that second baby.  I was in normal clothes a week after delivery. You have control to make the right choice for you.  Enlist the help ofyour  doctor and NUT for a diet that will keep you healthy, not fat!  

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

The_Sun_Fairy
on 6/24/14 11:23 pm

HI - I have not had my surgery yet (July 21, 2014) but my best advice is to talk to your doctor about not only referring you to a nutritionist so that he/she can work with you on how to eat BUT also ask him about a possible referral to a therapist.  When you are pregnant, it is critical that you do what is best for the baby nutritionally.  But, it is also very important that you don't have a lot of stress or depression during pregnancy and talking it out with someone might help a lot.  It sounds like you are already stressing about the possibility of reaching 200#, but that is not good for your baby in the long run.  Don't look at therapy as something bad - look at it as a tool just like your surgery was!!  There is nothing "wrong" with you - but talking it out with a "stranger" and letting them know that you are scared of the weight gain (which is TOTALLY normal BTW!!) might allow them to give you some ideas of how to handle things so that the stress and depression don't get the best of you!!  Good luck!! :)

civilmomma
on 6/24/14 11:58 pm
VSG on 03/07/14

I've only been pregnant pre-sleeve...

I would see about going on a PPI for acid reflux.  Your constant hunger could be acid.  Other than that - eat healthy and nutritious dense protein, veggies, and a little bit of carbs.  Stay on your plan and talk to a NUT to see what adjustments you can make.  It might make sense to follow a Gestational Diabetes type diet to keep your gain in check while still providing what baby needs.

Talk to your OB and get a referral to the pregnancy NUT or go to your WL clinic for that info too.

Good Luck!  I hope you have a healthy and safe pregnancy!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 81 views