Exercise, Nutrition, WLS, and Cooking Q&A - 07/17/2014

Keith L.
on 7/17/14 1:35 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

If you have questions about Exercise, Nutrition, WLS, or Cooking, I have been at this for just about 2 years now and have some experience. Feel free to ask me anything!

Let's Hear It!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Nicki08
on 7/17/14 5:13 am
VSG on 09/15/14

hello...I am hoping for a surgery date of mid September...im just trying to make a plan for eating and exercise during weightloss and maintenance...just kind of a guideline...can you help?

Keith L.
on 7/18/14 1:53 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sure.

You will be looking to do 600-800 calories per day, 80-100g of protein, less than 40g of carbs, and 100+oz of water. That is your eating plan.

Exercise, you will really just walk for your first 6 weeks and I do not recommend you going hard or heavy until you are past 8 weeks post-op. After that you will want to do an equal amount of weight lifting and cardio.

During all of this you may want to take a supplement like Scivation Xtend, which is a Branch Chain Amino Acid. Take this starting with your pre-op diet. Its a clear liquid and will count as water later so you should be able to take this the whole time. It will help with muscle loss during the pre-op through post-op diets. I use it now and drink it everyday for muscle recover. BCAA's help to repair muscle.

I can answer any questions you have now and during your journey. For now my recommendation would be to simply change the order in which you eat your meals. Start with eating any meat on your plate, eat all of it before you move to vegetables, then when you finish your veggies, then if you still have room, eat any pasta, potatoes, etc. But do it in that order first from now until you get to your pre-op diet.

Goose Bump
on 7/18/14 3:10 pm

Hi, Im a newbie and on my 3rd week post of sleeve.  My water intake is on point but Im having a hard time getting in 60-70g of protein. What are some tips on getting all your protein in? The best thing for me so far protein wise has been the isoupur zero carb drink.  exercise wise I am walking every day 2-3 miles and just started some gentle yoga. 

Im also curious as to what Scivation Xtend is exactly? Does it have a lot of sodium and sugar? 

Thanks for offering to answer questions.

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

saralm
on 7/17/14 6:34 am - Omaha, NE

Are you still sticking with the diet. What is your normal portions. I don't want to overeat after the surgery :) What is your go to lunch?

Doing this top weight 310 current 286 waiting for surgery 3 months left of supervised weight loss :)

Keith L.
on 7/18/14 1:59 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I stick primarily to a low carb diet. I do have my indulgences but I keep everything in check. I weigh myself every day. I still have really good restriction so even when I do get a little crazy my stomach reminds me quickly that I am not a normal person.

I have a few go to lunches. I will eat a spinach salad with grilled chicken and some sort of vinaigrette. I like coleslaw mix with grilled chicken, sliced almonds, and either ginger dressing or buffalo wing sauce with a little bit of blue cheese dressing, mix it all up and its good fiber, good protein. Simple lunch can be lik3 3-4 oz of ham or chicken breast deli meat rolled up and some celery.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views