Still throwing up

wyo_sarah
on 8/26/14 1:33 am

Today I'm 4 weeks post op!  I've lost 26 lbs and yesterday had to find some smaller jeans because my most comfortable pair are falling off.  Yay!  Unfortunately, I feel nauseous almost all the time and I throw up every morning.  I talked with the nurse again yesterday and the doc is going to order a scope to make sure there is nothing wrong.  Unfortunately, they want to wait for another 2 weeks to make sure my tummy is healed.  Maybe it will get better in that time, but for now, I'm feeling pretty miserable.  Thankfully my smaller pants are a bright spot in what has otherwise been a pretty dismal 4 weeks.

Tracy D.
on 8/26/14 1:41 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

So strange that the vomiting is happening every morning.  Are you sure you're getting enough fluids?  Constant nauseous can indicate dehydration....or pregnancy - ha!  (Just kidding!).   Hoping that the scope shows everything is OK.  

And congrats on the smaller jeans! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Valerie G.
on 8/26/14 1:46 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

I, too question the fluids.  The time sleeping is the longest time without ingesting fluids, so morning dehydration (which causes nausea) isn't surprising.  I know many who keep a bottle of water on their nightstand.  If you're not getting anywhere near 64oz a day of fluids, an IV may be just what you need instead of a scope.  Address the easy things first, yanno?

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

wyo_sarah
on 8/26/14 2:21 am

I'm getting close to 64 ounces a day and I do keep a glass of water on my nightstand and I take a drink every time I wake up (which is quite frequently!).  I was wondering about dehydration but the school nurse said that I don't have any of the indications that I'm dehydrated...my skin is normal and my blood pressure is normal.  I'm trying to drink more, but with the nausea it is difficult.  I'm trying to drink a shake right now and it is just miserable because it makes me want to throw up...but I REALLY don't want to throw up at work.

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 10:08 am - Canada

I suffered from extreme nausea for months.  Even with anti-nausea medication it was bad.  It felt just like I was pregnant lol!  It eventually subsided but still comes bac****asionally.  I found that having crackers in the morning helped.  I know it's not prescribed food but thats what I had to do.  I would suggest talking to your doctor about a PPI and something like Zofran for the nausea.  I was scoped a second time also, nothing found so have heart :)

wyo_sarah
on 8/26/14 10:50 am

I'm on a PPI and the Zophran isn't helping.  I have phenergan that helps at night but it makes me sleepy so I can only use that at night. Hopefully it will get better soon but right now it is getting worse. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 11:14 am - Canada

So sorry to hear that.  I couldn't eat for several months due to my complications so I feel for you greatly!

Kelly Jean
on 8/26/14 11:55 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Ughhhhhhh so sorry you have yo go though this that's horrible ... good luck with your scope.. and your in my thoughts and prayers !!! Things will get and this will be a thing o's the past! !! :-)

♡ Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/14 6:27 pm - Memphis, TN
VSG on 07/08/14

I'm 7wks out and experiencing the same thing. None of the nausea meds work. I've been in the hospital twice for dehydration because I couldn't keep any fluids down. I did ok today. I go to the Dr. tomorrow.  I pray that you get better. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views