Sooo hungry

FreeFran
on 9/17/14 6:36 am

Am I supposed to be this hungry?  I had my surgery one week ago so I know I haven't eaten solid food in a week, but i didn't expect to be hungry. I don't like a lot of the things I can have so I'm only consuming milk, protein drinks, sugar free Popsicles, soup brooth and water which isn't helping. So, is it normal to be starving one week after surgery?

jenn1469
on 9/17/14 6:40 am

I think it's just head hunger most of us based our life around food that's what we're used to but we're really not hungry

Jennifer

Gwen M.
on 9/17/14 6:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Your stomach is healing right now, so anything it's telling you isn't trustworthy.  Treat your stomach as a lying liar that lies.  

Are you taking a PPI such as nexium or prilosec?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

FreeFran
on 9/17/14 7:04 am

Yes, I'm taking Prilosec twice a day. I haven't had any issues with heart burn or nausea just the hunger. I hope it's head hunger but it sure feels like my stomache is calling. :)

Kimmybert
on 9/17/14 8:54 am - Denton, TX
VSG on 08/25/14 with

I experienced the same thing... I am 3 1/2 weeks out and still get really hungry! I just started soft foods on Monday and thought that would really help but I get hungry like 45 min-1 hour after I eat. I am on a PPI twice a day too but am thinking maybe I need to try a different one. I was really hoping that I wouldnt be hungry at all during these first few weeks but I sure am! I am hoping at 6 weeks when I can start normal eating it will subside! I keep worrying that this will be a battle in the future but I also try to remind myself I am still healing and hopefully things will change! :-)

angel720
on 9/17/14 9:18 am
VSG on 08/06/14

Things got better for me when I started on soft foods, I was not really hungry but did not feel all that full on soups and shakes 2-3 weeks after surgery. Protein helps with hunger to make sure you are getting enough protein daily.   Hitting your water goal daily ? This is anther biggie. it is not easy one week out! but it gets better. 

VSG with  Dr R. Wilhelmy @ Mexicali Bariatric Center

FreeFran
on 9/17/14 3:36 pm

Thanks Everyone i will give it more time and try and hit my water and protien goals but that's hard an ounce at a time!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views