Getting rid of regain

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 5:24 am

I was asked for a little advice on getting rid of regain.  Here is what I wrote, use it if it helps you, disregard if it's not the way you roll.  

Here is my quick "down and dirty" advice on weight loss this far out. 

1)START TO TRACK YOUR CALORIES AGAIN OR FOR THE FIRST TIME.   I know this is hard and it's not sexy, but nothing works better than writing down every single bite, every calorie and not eating it if you can't calculate and write it down.

2) Eat around 800-1000 calories, less is better, there is no such thing as starvation mode.  I would say 600-800 calories, but it becomes impossible this far out.  

3) Eat a minimum of 80 but preferably more grams of protein. The rest of your food should include healthy fats and veggies (not carby veggies).

4) Eat under 40 grams of carbs, if you can go under 20 grams, even better, but 40 will work.

5) Don't drink your calories at all

6) Only eat pre-planned meals

7) This is not for sissies, it's hard work, don't think it will be easy and give up when it gets hard.  Expect that it will be hard, accept the challenge and make a re-commitment to doing it every single day.

8) No cheat days or cheat meals until goal.  This is your medicine, would you cheat on a cancer treatment? No, then don't cheat on your obesity treatment.  I know I sound hard core, and I am hard core.  Only hard core works as far as I can tell. (for me).

9) The other side of hard core---love yourself.  Do this not as a punishment but as a gift that you give yourself.  Be proud of every good choice, good decision, good meal.  Take the time to reward yourself and pamper yourself.  If you slip, don't waste time blaming and shaming, get right back at it the very next meal.  You can do this. Good luck to all of us.

Most of you have already heard this and I know that there is nothing new here...but maybe it can help someone. 

Tracy D.
on 9/30/14 5:40 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It never hurts to hear this again, Elina.  And some of us have to hear it over...and over...and over! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

mickeymantle
on 9/30/14 5:42 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds like a great plan , I need to start tracking again , but I have been measuring and eating about what I was eating while tracking

I am still in the weight lose phase and will be for quite a while longer , Im a slow loser (5lb month) but I lose some every month

I eat 800 cal ,80 gm protein and ~30 gm carbs (salad and low carb fruits and veggies)65+ oz water**** tea also)

my cheat IS 3 FRENCH FRIES  when my hubby makes burgers for the family(Im bad )

keep up the great work

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

stephanieplum
on 9/30/14 10:35 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Thank You!!!  I needed to see this!  I know what to do. I just need to do it!!!

DeeNY52
on 9/30/14 12:40 pm

Wow, is this ever timely, b/c I need to lose the last 10 lbs and I've been skating all summer.  I'm finishing up some correcting and thinking of the cookies that my husband has in the cupboard, but I got on OH and read your message. 

Seriously, cookies??  I am smarter and stronger than cookies.  Tea and then bed. 

You wouldn't cheat on your cancer treatment- that hit me hard.  No, I wouldn't and obesity is also a disease that can kill me or make me miserable.

Thanks for the graceful but pointed kick in the rear, Elina.  Wish me luck!

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 2:12 pm

Good luck Dee, good luck.  Those cookies will always call you, you get to decide if/when you should respond.  The last 10 pounds are a fight, but it's doable.  Forget the cookies, I think you have a great late night plan.

Diana E.
on 9/30/14 4:28 pm
VSG on 03/27/13

Man did I ever see this at the right time.   11 pm here.  I got up because the baby just went to bed and I need to hop in the shower while I have a chance.   But I was hungry too...but more from being exhausted and having the knowledge that sleep is going to be hard to come by until 7am.  Honestly, I think I'm actually thirsty, not hungry.   I'm no longer pregnant and can't skate by with the extra calories. 

I'm a few pounds under my pre pregnancy weight, but nearly two sizes larger.   I need to keep my eyes on the prize.   A little hot tea, hot shower and then bed.  That's all I need.   Not food. 

THANK YOU for the reminder.  Honestly, thank you. 

HW- 318    SW- 310    CW- 194.4    GW- 170-ish  Onderland: 10/30/2013

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 12:21 am

My hardest "weight gain" time was right after having my babies.  Staying up late, (my daughter had colic), nursing, feeling stressed, sleep deprived, and cooped up in the house drove me crazy.  You are my hero for realizing that you are thirsty and tired and not really hungry.  Keep staying in touch with yourself and limiting the damage.  It eventually gets so much easier...but it takes time.  Hugs, from one mother to another, hugs. 

ThinLizzy
on 10/1/14 12:43 am - Benicia, CA

Absolutely agree with every word. So nice to have it written so concisely!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/14 1:57 am

Is it funny that I feel like I just got "The Pope's " blessing?  :)

( A very pretty, smart, and classy Pope). 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views