Help..Gas

FemFatale
on 10/10/14 8:41 pm

I know..lol..I know. I've been walking and moving. But these big gas pockets come up and get stuck. Its paingul and sometimes instead of burping its an anticlimatic hiccup that is almost as uncomfortable as the gas. My doc did not give me script or suggest antacids. Its the co2 from surgery.

Anyone got any tips on what to do when the gas bbble gets stuck

instagram: geekyandchicy

tumblr: fabulousfemfatale FemFatale Presents: Geeky & Chicy

scarletred
on 10/11/14 1:10 am
VSG on 10/07/14

The things that helped me after surgery with that gas was of course walking as much as I could and still be comfortable, but also using the breathing thing they give you that encourages you to breathe in very deeply...I don't remember what it's called. They also gave me a chewable gas x type tablet in the hospital but I don't know if that did anything for it since it wasn't in my stomach. My gas pain was gone by about day 2-3 so hopefully yours won't last long, I know it is very very uncomfortable 

~Yolanda                                                        HW316 ConsultW293 SW275 CW234 GW150

M1-22 M2-7 M3-XX M4-XX M5-XX M6-XX M7-XX M8-XX M9-XX M10-XX M11-XX M12-XX

Brownsuga19321
on 10/11/14 3:39 am
VSG on 09/30/14 with

I had the gas pain mostly in my lower back... it was so painful... The heating pad, walking and Gas X strip gave me some serious relief.. i guess you have to find what works for you! All the doctors will tell you to do is walk

zballard
on 10/11/14 4:20 am - NYC, NY
VSG on 10/08/14

While I was still in the hospital I complained of the gas being very painful and my nurse began burping me like I gas a baby and it worked. Anyone there to pat you on the back?

5ft HW 244 SW      

FemFatale
on 10/11/14 7:23 am

Yes. My siggie did that last night. The patting and rubbing on back. So I find massage also helped me relax. I've taken nothing for pain since a few hours before being discharged. Thanks for the tip on breathing. I would tense up when I felt big pocket of air and no burp..just painful hiccup.

instagram: geekyandchicy

tumblr: fabulousfemfatale FemFatale Presents: Geeky & Chicy

MissMagnoliaYaYa
on 10/11/14 1:10 pm

I had my surgery on the 8th, the day before yours and Thursday night I was in so much pain because of the gas, I told my husband I think I had made a bad decision about having this surgery. Friday and today, I am human again. I think the gas pains were worse than the surgery.  I am also 62 years old.  I keep checking in here and listening to all the encouragement.  It will get better honey.  

Age 61 Height 4'11" HW 274.00  SW 250.00- (10/08/2014) CW 224.6 (11/3/2014)

Ms-lola65
on 10/16/14 11:46 am

Buy Gas X strips, they dissolve on your tongue

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 82 views