Losing Weight Sucks

mollz007
on 10/31/14 11:35 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Also, sometimes I MISS the plus size section. Go figure.

check out my blog!

themexcellentone
on 10/31/14 2:04 pm, edited 10/31/14 2:05 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

1.  I've added an orthopedic surgeon to my cabinet of health care professionals, as now I have a sports injury that must be treated (most likely with surgery).

2.  I feel ya on the clothes.  Most of all, bras.  Shirts I can get away with being a little big, but bras...you gotta buy new ones when the too-big ones don't fit any more. 

3.  Having people pay a ton of attention to me who, that prior to me looking this way, would not have given me the time of day.

4.  Obsessing about what to eat and when.  In an ironic twist, I now obsess about eating but in an entirely different way.  I kind of hate it.

5.  Being cold all the time due to loss of insulation.

6.  Having too many choices as far as where to buy clothes.  I want to Wear. All. The. THINGS!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Dakinbar Yes
on 10/31/14 4:09 pm
VSG on 05/07/14

I hate it when I'm in a stall and people are commenting going "Wow, you've lost so much weight, you must feel amazing" but I'm actually feeling sorry for myself and thinking I'm done losing weight and feeling defeated.

Also the constant cycle of feeling stuck at a certain weight and the scales not moving, feeling like it's all over, and then not recognising the pattern when it all starts again.

People noticing and commenting on the weight loss

People not noticing and commenting on the weight loss

Being a secret sleever and feeling like everyone knows the secret!

Having NO idea how big I am now.

Being HORRIFIED to realise how big I used to be.

Being stalled at 1 pound away from losing 100 pounds, for AGES

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

greensleeved
on 11/1/14 12:29 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

Getting rid of my favorite clothes! You'd think I'd be ecstatic to chuck out those 26/28 sizes, but I have lots of good memories in them. 

Trying to clothe my changing body with temporary cheap threads. Sizing is insane, clothes are expensive, and online shopping is now much more of a gamble. 

Clothes falling off! If I hadn't been wearing pants the other day, my undies would have been around my ankles. Hysterical.

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

greensleeved
on 11/1/14 12:34 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

And BRAS! I went from a 48 H to whatever I am now. With huge boobs bras have always been an issue for me, and finding one that fits and won't have me tugging on it all day seems impossible. And why are my nipples racing toward my belly button! Blah.

Loose skin! Didn't think it would bother me, but I'm beginning to look like a Shar Pei. And I'm only slightly more than 1/2 way to goal.

Still all totally worth it 

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

glady
on 11/1/14 5:21 pm

DATING!!!!!

Finding out I have chicken legs but thick thighs What?!

wanting to reach goal so I can go on a shopping spree. All I have to wear are leggings and oversized sweaters I get for 5 bucks at discount stores

saggy stomach!!!

Deflated boobs. Its hard going from nice plump D cups to deflated B cups 😭

I had to throw out half my shoes cause they fall off.

Wonky periods

obsessing about BMs. It's been two days since I went to the bathroom and I know when I do go its gona be a pain literally. 

People always asking about weight related topics. My cat did this really funny thing the other day...oh well you want to talk about carbs and protein...sigh

12/30/13-RNY SW-277 GW-140  

Most Active