2 weeks post op tomorrow & returned to work

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/14 9:28 pm - MI

Tomorrow will be two weeks! I can't believe it........it really has flown by!

This past Monday I returned to work and it has gone really smooth. I have had no issues, I get my 64 ounces of water in while at work and I have been walking 1/2 hour during my lunch hour (this has proven costly as its cold here and I walk in a mall and I may or may have not purchased a few items I saw in windows). During my pre-op liquid diet my light edema/swelling in my ankle foot disappeared and hasn't returned! YAY! I can wear all my fancy heals with out a swollen foot. I don't find myself getting tired at all (I use to every afternoon and I would grab a coke zero or coffee). I have been going to bed an hour earlier and sleeping very soundly. My sleep has impoved, but I require about an hour more.

I know this is just the beginning and I'm very happy! I know there will be curve balls thrown my way and it won't always be easy but right now I'm VERY pleased!! :)

November18
on 11/5/14 10:26 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

Congratulations! I'm glad everything is going so smoothly for you. What are you eating now? Still on liquids? You actually went back to work in a week and a half. That's great I like when you say the time has flown by! I'm on day 3 pre-op and I feel like it's going slowly. I'm obsessed with this forum. Can't read enough posts!! LOL! Keep up the positive!!!

Bonnie

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/14 10:42 pm - MI

I have to admit that I'm obsessed with the forum too! It really helped get my ready for surgery! I had to do liquids for two weeks before surgery!! It was hard, but in the big picture two weeks isn't too long. Right now I'm  in the puréed stage. I get my protein in with premier protein and I have puréed stew, chili, soup, hard boiled egg with aVocado and a soft boiled egg.

You're on your way, good luck to you.

Gwen M.
on 11/5/14 10:53 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Fantastic progress!  Every day will get better :)

I also sleep so much better, but need more sleep than I used to.  Since I'm 8 months out, I chalk that up to my excessive exercise and not the surgery.  For you, it's probably the surgery :D  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/14 11:10 pm - MI

I haven't thank you yet for the hard boiled egg with avocado!! Its my fave right now! Thanks for suggesting that!

Dee R.
on 11/5/14 10:58 pm - CA

You're my inspiration right now.  I start two week pre-op liquid on Monday.  This forum has helped me tremendously too!!!!  Everyone here is amazing!!  I'm so prepared that I have my pag packed for the hospital and my Christmas shopping done already too!!  Surgery on Nov. 24th.  SOO excited!!

Dee

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/14 11:16 pm - MI

You're on top of it! You'll do really well with being a planner! I plan on getting some of my Christmas shopping done whole mall walking! I just have to remind myself more walking and less shopping! Ha! Good luck to you and I can't wait to hear about your journey!

Luvmygs
on 11/5/14 11:11 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

So happy to hear you're having such a wonderful start on your journey. I'm pretty amazed too on how fast you were able to get back work. Hope you continue to do well. Christine

GoBlueGirl1998
on 11/5/14 11:17 pm - MI

Thank you! It's not like I'm doing anything crazy at work....sitting at my desk and crossing my eyes with all the spreadsheets!! Lol

FWTX131
on 11/6/14 1:10 am - Fort Worth, TX
VSG on 10/22/14

I had my surgery October 22nd and I went back to work on Monday October 29th (to stare at spreadsheets as well, I'm an accountant).  I figure sit at home and be bored or sit at my desk :-).  Congrats with the surgery going well and your current progress!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views