When do you start to feel normal??

hollykim
on 12/15/14 9:25 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 15, 2014 at 10:21 AM Pacific Time, MsPayne731 wrote:

So I know some of our newly sleeved members have asked this question before but I can't seem to find the posting so here it is again. I am just a tad bit frustrated because I am 3 weeks out and I can only take 2-3 bites (with a baby spoon) of food and I am full? I feel like I am never going to be able to have a 3-4 oz meal again becuase 3 spoons of soup and I am stuffed?? So when do I start to feel like I can actually eat a 3 oz meal? I can barely get in my protein cause I can barely eat anything.....Ok, no complaints on that because the weight loss is AWESOME-Sauce, but I worry I am not getting enough food and of course, the silly irrational monster starts making me think I am going to end up malnutriontioned. Any pointers for this obvious newbie on when I may start to feel a bit normal?

in all honesty,with over 100# to lose you are not going to get malnourished. You are eating plenty to allow your body to break down the stored fat for energy and nutrients,which allows weight loss. 

greensleeved
on 12/15/14 9:31 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

It doesn't' last. At 3-4 months is when I started eating more regular meals (3 -4 oz). Up until then most of my protein came from shakes. As long as you are taking your vitamins you should be fine. The regular food just comes with time. And if the worst happens and you don't get adequate nutrition for a short while, nobody has died from that!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Most Active