Get yourself in motion, and you're much more likely to stay in motion

MayPenGirl
on 12/21/14 10:13 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

A great way to get things done is to already be getting things done. To be highly productive, establish and maintain some productive momentum.

Momentum is a powerful thing. A body at rest has a strong tendency to stay at rest, and a body in motion has the same strong tendency to continue in motion.

Get yourself in motion, and you’re much more likely to stay in motion. Get started on something, and you’re well on your way to doing everything that must be done.

If you’re having trouble getting motivated to do a particular task, then start working on something else. The important thing is to get yourself going, to get the productive and creative juices flowing.

When you feel the satisfaction of making a difference in one area, you’re much more eager to make a positive difference in another area. Just get started on something, establish a strong momentum, and let that momentum pull you forward.

Life gets better the more you put some good, solid effort into it. Go ahead, make that initial effort, build some productive momentum, and soon you’ll have a whole lot of valuable work done.

— Ralph Marston

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Kathy S.
on 12/22/14 2:14 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

MayPenGirl
on 12/22/14 5:01 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You're welcome!!

lo_ri_p
on 12/22/14 2:50 am - Ocala, FL

I agree 100%.  I started the exercise and eating healthier within the passed 10 months but I knew my problem was potion control.  I consider surgery is the last step in achieving my goal since I have already incorporated the rest into my life.  I can't wait to get back to being able to really exercising.  But, I feel like I am pretty active for 3 weeks post-op.  I'm walking every day. 

MayPenGirl
on 12/22/14 5:02 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

You are doing great and I believe you will continue to do great!! 

My issue was also portion control.  My sleeve helps me so much.

(deactivated member)
on 12/22/14 8:24 am

Yet another one of your posts that resonates! It reminds me of those times when I'm just on a roll and have to force myself to stop because it's really too late to keep going and I need to wind down before bed!

It's awesome advice: to stay in motion you first must BE in motion!

MayPenGirl
on 12/22/14 9:35 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Awesome advice indeed.  Most of know what we need to do but sometimes we just need a reminder.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 63 views