Four questions (Sorry!)

lo_ri_p
on 12/28/14 6:50 am - Ocala, FL

Thanks a million I'm going to do that now.

ShrinkingViolet2013
on 12/28/14 5:38 am

I'm not an RD, but am 14 months post surgery.  I hit goal at 11 months.  Don't apologize for your question.  You can always ask your surgeon's office, but here's my 2 cents....

Things will get easier as time progresses.  The easiest thing to do to get fluids in for me is to constantly keep water at my side - I fill a 20 ounce Tervis bottle and just keep refilling with filtered water.  I don't go anywhere without beverages.  You will know if you have a tightness that you are done eating.  Chewing slowly helps to not only digest food, but will allow you to really listen to your new stomach and feel its limited capacity.  Try to get your protein drinks in during the AM and at lunchtime - that may help with having to stay up late to get in your fluids and protein.  I now still eat slowly....  :) Lots of good luck!

ipray
on 12/28/14 6:19 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Thank you sooo much!  I am drinking my protein shake for breakfast.  I will look out for the tightness.  (Kind of feels a little tight when I eat scrambled eggs.)  It is so good to hear that things will get easier.  Congratulations for reaching your goal!  11 months seems so fast when it has taken some of us years to get overweight!  I am going with the program, just a little frustrated with how my sleeve has overtaken my normal schedule.  Thanks again! 

Gwen M.
on 12/28/14 9:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I measure all of my meals to ensure that I don't eat too much.  This works well for me.  As for the forgetting to eat and drink, set timers!  Set a timer to remind you to drink and alarms to remind you to eat if needed.  

You'll always have to eat slowly, yes.  It'll become habit before too much longer.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active