scared of slipping back

Marezie2
on 12/31/14 9:27 am - Parsippany, NJ

I had sleeve surgery almost 2 years ago.  I lost 69 lbs.  Recently over the past 2 months I ahve gained back 10 lbs as I can eat more and am so scared of gaining the weight.  Does anyone have any words of wisdom or some tips for me ?  

joatsaint
on 12/31/14 9:51 am - TX
On December 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, Marezie2 wrote:

I had sleeve surgery almost 2 years ago.  I lost 69 lbs.  Recently over the past 2 months I ahve gained back 10 lbs as I can eat more and am so scared of gaining the weight.  Does anyone have any words of wisdom or some tips for me ?  

I just went through the same thing over Thanksgiving. And here's how I handled it.

This post is just goes to show that even Sleeve veterans aren't perfect. The key is to look at a setback as a delay, not a permanent failure, and get back on track.

I was trying to stay low-carb till I lost about 20lbs, but I fell off the wagon this morning. Over the Thanksgiving week, I gained about 5 lbs and was up to 220 lbs in 5 days - probably from all the salt. So I went back to what's worked in the past, low-carb eating - lean protein (pork loin) and a few vegetables (squash, cauliflower).

Low-carbing worked well, I lost the excess water plus a few pounds. In 6 days I've lost 9.6 lbs. But the stress from work has been pretty overwhelming these past few days. And when I came into work this morning, there was a fresh hot box of donuts waiting in the kitchen. I started to limit myself to 1, but then though about how good I was going to feel when I ate them. So I got 2... Go BIG or Go HOME! and enjoyed every bite!!!!! :P

Will those 2 donuts affect my weight? Probably not, as long as I don't continue eating junk every day. Will it cause my weight loss to stall? I'll know soon enough, the scale will tell me tomorrow morning.

P.S. I'll be back on pork loin and cauliflower for lunch today. B)

Keep Pimpin' That Sleeve!!!!

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

Marezie2
on 12/31/14 10:12 am - Parsippany, NJ

Great comments. Thanks a million! !! Have a great new year! !!

Chilipepper
on 12/31/14 11:45 am
On December 31, 2014 at 5:51 PM Pacific Time, joatsaint wrote:
On December 31, 2014 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, Marezie2 wrote:

I just went through the same thing over Thanksgiving. And here's how I handled it.

This post is just goes to show that even Sleeve veterans aren't perfect. The key is to look at a setback as a delay, not a permanent failure, and get back on track.

I was trying to stay low-carb till I lost about 20lbs, but I fell off the wagon this morning. Over the Thanksgiving week, I gained about 5 lbs and was up to 220 lbs in 5 days - probably from all the salt. So I went back to what's worked in the past, low-carb eating - lean protein (pork loin) and a few vegetables (squash, cauliflower).

Low-carbing worked well, I lost the excess water plus a few pounds. In 6 days I've lost 9.6 lbs. But the stress from work has been pretty overwhelming these past few days. And when I came into work this morning, there was a fresh hot box of donuts waiting in the kitchen. I started to limit myself to 1, but then though about how good I was going to feel when I ate them. So I got 2... Go BIG or Go HOME! and enjoyed every bite!!!!! :P

Will those 2 donuts affect my weight? Probably not, as long as I don't continue eating junk every day. Will it cause my weight loss to stall? I'll know soon enough, the scale will tell me tomorrow morning.

P.S. I'll be back on pork loin and cauliflower for lunch today. B)

Keep Pimpin' That Sleeve!!!!

When someone comes on here looking for help because they are worried about regain.  The key is NOT TO TELL THEM HOW GOOD IT FEELS TO EAT 2 WARM DONUTS.  

Think before you speak.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

joatsaint
on 12/31/14 1:46 pm, edited 12/31/14 3:25 pm - TX

Thanks Chilipepper for begin so judgmental and appointing yourself as sheriff of "who is allowed to say what". I can now see why I am finding posts on other WLS forums speaking so highly of you.

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

Chilipepper
on 12/31/14 2:17 pm

That was judgemental? You ain't seen judgemental! That was a fact! You weren't being supportive. You were being someone who couldn't control yourself with warm donuts and you rubbed it in a struggling persons face. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

HarvestMoon1974
on 12/31/14 10:13 pm - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

Not judgmental, realistic and honest. The purpose of the forum is support and help. Your post did not accomplish either. Chili calls it like she sees it, for good reason.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

joatsaint
on 12/31/14 11:05 pm - TX

Well that is your interpretation of what I wrote. Since you too seem to be "smiley face" challenged. The smiley's I put in my post were to indicate humor. I was telling my story of how I handled the fear of falling off track. How I looked at my situation and how I dealt with it.

If you will reread my post, at no time did I tell anyone what to do. The 1st line I wrote, "I just went through the same thing over Thanksgiving. And here's how I handled it."

Chili's signature has the quote, "Who are you to judge the life I live?" To me that seem to directly contradict her vicious response to my post.

Grim_Traveller
on 12/31/14 12:22 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Amateur. Go big or go home? Then why stop at two donuts?

Heck, one pizza wouldn't affect your weight much either. There's always tomorrow.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/31/14 12:56 pm

Such sterling advice. Really, the sensible yet simplistic approach. Absolutely masterful.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 73 views