stall suggestion

mmsmom
on 1/21/15 8:55 pm - Woburn, MA

I have realized that many of you think you have stalled because the scale hasn't moved for a few days.  Here is my suggestion. Buy a small notebook and leave it near your scale with a pen.  Pick a day of the week and write down your weight on that day.  Mine is Monday.  Sometimes I'll get up on Monday thinking I haven't lost weight and low and behold I am actually down 1.2 lbs from the Monday before.  It's not always going to be 2-3 lbs but it sure does add up.  I have hardly had a week that the scale didn't move at least a little and usually on a slow week, it is followed by a bigger week or vice versa.  I think those of us with a scale obsession only see the loss from the last weigh in - not the big picture.  This is just a system that has worked for me and I thought I'd pass it on since "stalls" freak everyone out so much.

VSG on 04/28/2014

November18
on 1/21/15 9:45 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

That is a good suggestion. I write my weight on a calendar each day so basically I can do that with any day of the week when you look at the whole month. It is still hard though when you look at Tuesday, December 30th, it says 214.7  and three long weeks later Tuesday, January 20th says 213.9. I'm just trying to keep my head in the game so I don't throw in the towel like I always did before. It's encouraging to listen to all the stories of people like you that made it through the stalls and succeeded!!!

Bonnie

elatedelaine
on 1/22/15 1:17 am

Thanks for your post.  I has surgery 9 weeks ago today and have made myself only get on the scales once a week.  It would be too tramatic not seeing a loss daily.  This week, I only lost .5 lbs.  A bit depressing but after reading your post, I know bigger numbers will be coming, if I just stick with my plan:)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 71 views