tightning sleeve?

happytoloose
on 1/29/15 11:37 am

Has anyone ever mentioned the possibility of your sleeve not loosening up a little after a few months.

Or better yet, getting even tighter as you go.

I think my restriction is a little tighter now, than a month or so ago.

I always just thought it would stretch a little.

Don't get me wrong, its a great thing being not hungry. 

Three mo out, still can't eat over 1 1/2 oz of anything at one sitting.

Weight keeps leaving me though, and I'm feeling ok.

Dr. Thinks everything is perfect. Just a little overwhelmed by the losses I guess.

Well, guess ill try to eat a lil yogurt and crash.

Goodnight y'all

Rod

(deactivated member)
on 1/29/15 3:31 pm

You know, I don't think that it's that uncommon to still feel such intense restriction at 3 months out. I looked back at my online journal and I was eating 2 oz at that time. I got to 3 oz at about 6 months and then around 9 months was able to add vegetables to a meal. By a year out I could eat 3 oz of meat and a shy 1/4 cup of green beans. You will see that your sleeve seems to mature in steps and sort of suddenly. Many people notice a change in capacity at 6, 9, and 12 months. Then some will notice yet another change around 15-18 months out. I haven't gained any capacity of notice since about 12-15 months out.

TheNewT
on 1/29/15 9:41 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

My sleeve is an interesting character. I'm almost 6 months out. Some days I can eat my 2.7 oz of chicken in 30 minutes with no problem. The next day, I am struggling to drink my 20 oz of water before the hour ends. I have just learned to roll with it. I definitely had more restriction at 3 months than I do now at 6. So know that it will relax...eventually!

Gwen M.
on 1/30/15 12:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

When I was three months out, my restriction went crazy and I could barely eat an ounce.  I ended up needing an anti-spasmodic (from my surgeon) and that cleared things up.  I had been eating 3 ounces with no problems before that.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

bgma95
on 8/22/17 10:50 am

HI,

I definitely feel the same way some day's I can eat the entire fridge and other

days I can hardly eat as much to fill my palm of my hand other days I do

feel as though it is shrinking lately. Had my surgery in November and lately it

feels as though if I eat anything more then 1.5 ounces I feel sick? This started within the

last month of only being able to complete 1.5 ounces then I only throw it up and feel

really sick. Checked this form because I saw the above. The best part is loosing 100 Lbs, since

November.

mickeymantle
on 1/30/15 12:59 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

the sleeve is not getting smaller , your nerves are growing back and now you are starting to feel when you are full

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Dizzybell
on 1/30/15 10:01 am
VSG on 05/05/14

This happened to me too and in my case I needed to go back on my PPI. You might try that or a stronger one. I could barely eat anything!

--Keri--

HW: 275 SW:272 CW: 165.3

Valerie G.
on 1/31/15 12:22 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

You'll find that you can eat more of some foods than others.  Dense protein, like chicken breast, you're going to eat much less than something like soup or cottage cheese, and yes, your sleeve will stretch some over time, like to the size of a soda can, capacity-wise. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views