2 weeks out and hungry

Judi47
on 3/20/15 9:04 am - Boston, MA

Hi everyone, I was sleeved on March 9th. My surgery went great no problems at all.  I'm now facing hunger and I'm scared.  Yes I take 2 of my prescribed medication for acid.  My stomach doesn't rumble at all I'm just hungry.  I know you will tell me it's head hunger but I can eat a whole yogurt and I have no problem at all drinking 3 Premier Proteins. I'm so scared that I am going to go back to eating alot.  Please help!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/20/15 9:24 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Your stomach nerves have been severed so you won't feel any restriction at only two weeks out.  Don't rely on your stomach to let you know that it's full at this point.

You may need to change to different PPIs.  Sometimes one won't work for you.  Are you sure you're taking two PPIs?  After surgery, I had one PPI (lansoprazole) and one prescription (Actigall) to prevent gallstones.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

lianna
on 3/20/15 9:25 am - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I was sleeved the same day.  I have no problems getting my protein drinks down either, and also can eat a yogurt or sugar free pudding.  I can only handle about 2 oz of pureed thinned soup though, which I find odd.  I think once we get to pureed foods like chicken salad and cottage cheese that the satiety will increase dramatically.  I don't worry about "how much" it seems like I am eating right now, because it is still only about 600 calories a day for me.  Hang in there!  Just a few more weeks and I bet this hunger diminishes when you can have more solid substantial meals.

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

Judi47
on 3/20/15 9:58 am - Boston, MA

Thanks.  I thought it was just me thinking I'm eating too much.

Daelcare
on 3/20/15 11:14 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

I could do all of that 2 weeks out, too, but not to worry...as soon as you get to more solid foods, you'll slow down!  Make sure that you're hitting your protein and water goals everyday and follow your doctor's program...they're all different!  Best of luck!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

more2adore
on 3/20/15 3:04 pm
VSG on 03/28/15

Both reflux AND dehydration can mimic hunger. Are you getting in enough liquids?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 95 views