Loud stomach noises

lifegoal9
on 3/28/15 8:06 am

I had surgery in December and am experiencing loud stomach noises. So loud that I am embarrassed in my morning meetings at work and also when I am around a group of people. Has anyone had this and is there a cure?

Hislady
on 3/28/15 3:07 pm - Vancouver, WA

That's pretty normal and as far as I know there is now way to stop it, most just live with it. You might try eating earlier so there isn't anything to digest but even that may not work.

ErinNikki
on 3/29/15 12:08 am
VSG on 12/11/14

I have the same problem. I stopped drinking coffee at my morning meetings because my stomach always makes noises when I do.

White Dove
on 3/29/15 12:15 am - Warren, OH

If you are taking chewable bariatric vitamins, check the label for sorbitol or maltitol.  Both are sugar alcohols that will cause digestive issues, including loud stomach noises.  Other sweeteners that end in "tol" will do the same.  Sugar free gums and mints can do that too.  Also you may be starting some lactose intolerance so see if milk is an issue.

Elimination of one thing at a time can help you find out what is causing this, but as Gwen pointed out there may be nothing that you can do and just have to live with it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Farmersdaughter2
on 3/29/15 12:30 am
VSG on 12/15/14

I also had my surgery in December and have a very noisy tummy.  I arrange my eating schedule to avoid embarrassment whenever possible.  

VSG Surgery 12/15/14      HW 247,  SW 212, CW 163

Sandra F.
on 3/29/15 11:44 pm

I had my surgery in October (almost 6 months out) and I still have a loud tummy.  Nothing to do about it.

lifegoal9
on 3/30/15 9:20 am

Is there anything out there that can tone it down?  Has your doctor told you anything that can be taken to help noises or if they will ever go away? Or what is causing the noises?

It's just so annoying, even wakes my husband up!

Help! :(

Sandra F.
on 3/30/15 10:42 pm

I haven't spoken to my doctor about it, so I'm not sure.  I've read a lot on this forum and other WLS forums and everybody says that it is normal after this surgery, but check with your doctor to see if anything can tone it down.  If you find something, please post as I would be interested too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 69 views