Seeking advise from all the VSG pro's

tanieanie
on 7/20/15 6:18 pm - WI

I too had that period where it seemed the scale wasnt budging.  Give in another week and relax.   It will start up again and when it does , its often starts up fast again.   Just about everybody goes through it.  CONGRATS on an amazing first month  WOW WEEEE!!!

Tjlpnny
on 7/20/15 6:31 pm - Shandaken, NY
VSG on 06/08/15

Thanks

Theresa L Jones

E_Saenz
on 7/20/15 6:21 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

I have not had my surgery yet but I met with my friend today who is two years out and has lost over 100 lbs she said if you don't seem to be losing up your protine and make sure your getting your water protine wa****er.

Elia Maria Saenz

Tjlpnny
on 7/20/15 6:33 pm - Shandaken, NY
VSG on 06/08/15

Thanks. I am going to try to increase both. Good luck with your surgery.

Theresa L Jones

E_Saenz
on 7/20/15 7:14 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Try special K PROTINE WATER and thanks I'm having it done 22 days

Elia Maria Saenz

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 7/21/15 2:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

It looks like you're doing great. It could be that your body is not used to your new exercise routine & is holding onto water weight. It'll let it go once it realizes this is your new normal.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Scott S.
on 7/21/15 6:49 am - TX

You are doing fine.  When you exercise, you may have water retention.  Don't forget that muscle mass increase might be happening as fat decrease is happening at the same time. 

Check in with your clothes and see how they fit.  I bet they fit the same or better since you have been exercising.

It took about 18 months for me to have a healthy relationship with my scale.  Don't worry and keep working the system.

VSG: 8/8/13 

happyteacher
on 7/21/15 2:57 pm

Check my signature line for monthly progress. Also, measure. If pounds are not coming off inches usually are. :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Tracy D.
on 7/22/15 8:20 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Now that you're exercising you need to up your water intake - alot.  You should be getting 80-100 oz. per day.  One of the reasons is that when you start to exercise your body goes into "shock" a bit.  You'll recognize it as muscle soreness or tiredness.  The body responds by hanging onto every ounce of water for dear life.  So some people may stop losing and even see gains on the scale.  

Don't worry - it's all water!  In order to help your body recover,  you need to give it more water.  It'll help flush all that retained fluid out.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active