Spicy food

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/22/15 4:40 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

My husband and I actually go to wing restaurants pretty often. Buffalo Wild Wings has "naked tenders" which have no breading, and you can get sauce on the side. So I'll get that with a fairly spicy sauce, and have some of the bleu cheese or ranch with a carrot stick or two, and it works nicely!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:40 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Love BW3's!!!!  I can do without anything but need to have my wings, we bake them at home basting with Texas Pete wing sauce so no butter also but with the band they went down the easiest so were my choice when eatinng out!

Lapband 6/08 90 pounds lost!  Band slip and esophageal dilation diagnosed 5/15

LapBand removed, hernia repaired and sleeved 7/8/15

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 7/22/15 5:25 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Google Buffalo Chicken recipes.  I have some cooking in my slow cooker today.

Boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts

Frank's Hot Wings Sauce

Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix

8 ounce block of Cream Cheese (thank you, Julie )

Yellow Onion

Garlic

It may be a little early for you without mashing it to smithereens, but it's a great protein forward meal with heaps of flavor.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:42 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Oh yum!!!! That sounds so good, thanks for the recipe!!! I love spicy food!

Bufflehead
on 7/22/15 3:31 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I started adding just a few drops of sriracha to my broth about a couple weeks out. I was on full liquids for four weeks -- when I transitioned to purees, one of the first things I ate was refried beans with hot sauce. I've eaten hot sauce and other spicy things regularly since then and never had the slightest bit of trouble with them -- but they never bothered me at all before, either.

michele1
on 7/22/15 4:16 pm
Revision on 07/07/15

Oh you are brave, I haven't attempted sriracha at all yet.....saw a chef on Wendy Williams add it to mayo for a burger and it looked good!

I am so looking forward to some refried beans, heck anything soft at this point....the liquids are getting old. So necessary for healing though so I will deal with it. At least I can have pudding and cream soups, but even that is getting old lol!

Thanks for the support!!!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 7/22/15 4:42 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I just tried sriracha in chicken soup for the first time a few days ago-- why the heck haven't I thought of that before?? It was REALLY good, even without too much of it added in!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

micrene
on 7/22/15 9:07 pm - Melbourne, FL

Hi Michele!

I had surgery on July 6 also and have been struggling with flavors and foods based on everything told to me and what I have read. I finally had to throw it all aside and just listen to my body.  I make these crackers called Fire Crackers that can be pretty spicy.  I was craving something spicy so I made the crackers.  I was able to eat one without any issue, no pain, no heart burn... it was all good.  I just nibbled on the cracker in tiny bites but was able to eat it without issue.  

I never thought about re-fried beans... that is a great idea to puree fat free with some soft chicken, cheese, and a little hot sauce...I think I know what i am making tomorrow!

My biggest struggle is determining what I can eat and how because my brain thinks my body needs full foods!  However, some days I just want liquids, other days I want food.  Crazy!!  I am just counting the days until I can enjoy meals, albeit tiny ones.

Wanda1118
on 7/23/15 6:43 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I am 1 year post surgery and most times I can't eat hot and spicy foods..but I just keep on trying...My daughter however has no problems whatsoever eating most spicy things although she does still have problems with mexican food and she is 1 1/2 years out

michele1
on 7/24/15 5:54 am
Revision on 07/07/15

Great to hear you are doing so good!!! I still have a little tenderness and a little pooch/swelling so I may have to go back if it doesn't go away.

I can start soft foods on Monday and are going to have some refried beans with hot sauce if that goes well then going to have mushed chicken or that recipe posted! I am also counting the days for regular food but know the weight loss will come to a crawll

Most Active