Girdles and Waist Cinchers

hillgurl
on 7/30/15 12:18 am
VSG on 04/29/15

Hi all sleeved on 4/29 and even though I'm not disappearing overnight I am doing a whole lot better than the 445 I was before. I have lost lots of inches so yea me but now I have this horrible stomach that is practically touching my knees. Anyway do girdles or any other foundation garment help with this permanently or only while wearing them? Is there any special way I should be fitted or wearing them? Also what about saggy arms? I know I am a heavyweight and will need skin removal when my journey is over but I have been told because I am African American and younger and never had kids this will help. Can someone explain how this all works please.

Tracy D.
on 7/30/15 7:48 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Girdles and waist cinchers will do nothing for you permanently - the only thing that will help permanently is plastic surgery.  Don't get conned into thinking otherwise.  However, good foundation garments are a must until that time.  I would suggest going to a store in your area that specializes in plus sizes (Lane Bryant comes to mind) and ask them for help in selecting some shapewear for your specific issue.  You can also talk to your doctor's office and see if they have suggestions.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Valerie G.
on 7/31/15 12:19 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

What Tracy said, and I would like to add to NOT fall for those wraps around your abdomen.  Their effects are marginal and temporary....and expensive.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views