Deficiencies 2 years after getting the sleeve

B-Ede
on 10/6/15 12:34 am

Hi all,

My name is Brittaney Ede and I am a third year nutrition student at CQUniversity Rockhampton, Queensland. I am conducting a study to determine whether nutrient deficiencies exist in Sleeve Gastrectomy patients after 2 years of having the sleeve. As someone who has personally undergone a Sleeve Gastrectomy, I have always been curious to note whether my issues (namely iron, calcium and vitamina D deficiencies) are reciprocated in the greater SG population, and whether practice should be changed to offer more support to those who are struggling with their health. As I am only one person, I need your help to gather data for my research. I have created a survey containing 22 multiple choice questions about you and your surgery, it will take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. I am looking for women between the ages of 21-45 who had their surgery 2-7 years ago. If this is you CLICK on this link to complete my survey --> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sleevegastrectomyCQU Thank you, Brittaney

Hi all,

My name is Brittaney Ede and I am a third year nutrition student at CQUniversity Rockhampton, Queensland. I am conducting a study to determine whether nutrient deficiencies exist in Sleeve Gastrectomy patients after 2 years of having the sleeve. As someone who has personally undergone a Sleeve Gastrectomy, I have always been curious to note whether my issues (namely iron, calcium and vitamina D deficiencies) are reciprocated in the greater SG population, and whether practice should be changed to offer more support to those who are struggling with their health. As I am only one person, I need your help to gather data for my research. I have created a survey containing 22 multiple choice questions about you and your surgery, it will take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. I am looking for women between the ages of 21-45 who had their surgery 2-7 years ago. If this is you CLICK on this link to complete my survey --> https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/sleevegastrectomyCQU Thank you, Brittaney
boudiceatx
on 10/6/15 6:27 pm, edited 10/6/15 11:38 am

Obese patients have an increased risk of Vitamin D deficiency, so not sure that has anything to do with the sleeve. I would imagine many if not most us of had a vitamin d deficiency before surgery. Not sure if you control for this in your survey, but since Vitamin D is correlated with obesity you would need to separate out the patients who had a sleeve but are still obese from those who had the sleeve and are now within a normal weight range when looking at a Vit D deficiency.

I would be interested in your findings. Please come back and let us know what you find out.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 68 views