Vitamin question

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 11/28/16 11:50 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Hi all,

My budget is getting tight and thinking of switching vitamins. I have been taking the barratric vitamins from the Vitamin shop but they are getting too pricey. Anyone taking regular multi vitamins from Costco or any other multi you can recommend?  The ingredients from the centrum gummy are super similar to my current pricey vitamin shop ones! Wonder if you all can recommend some brands that you are happy with.

thank you!!!

Joshua H.
on 11/28/16 11:52 am
VSG on 10/26/16

I'm using CVS and Walmart store brand vitamins.  I could be fooling myself, but haven't heard a reason (yet) why any one brand is better than the other.  So, for the time being I've avoided the expensive specialty vitamins (which seem very similar in content to my cheap ones).

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 11/28/16 11:58 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks, I think I am going to switch it up. My labs have all been fine so I am afraid of switching, but the amounts  in the vitimins all look super similar. 

Anita
on 11/28/16 11:59 am

I've been using the PatchMD that is advertised here....yes, they're also a bit pricey, but as a person with a really bad gag reflex, it's a good option for me. Up until now I've been taking advantage of the 30% discount and then also buying a two month supply at a time to minimize shipping costs too. Now they have a 40% discount if you set up auto-ship, so that will be even better. I take the multi and Omega3, so what would be $39.90 per month, is now $23.94 plus half the shipping of $5.99.

I'm going for my 6 month blood work this week so the results will tell, but I will say that I feel terrific....I was never a vitamin taker because I couldn't swallow them....big baby that I am...LOL.

Not sure if this helps, but hopefully it can give you an additional option. I never tell others how to spend their money and can't stand it when anyone sticks their nose in my finances....hopefully you'll find a budget friendly option that gives you the balance you need.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

psychoticparrot
on 11/28/16 4:30 pm

I started on the patches several weeks ago and am also wondering how well they work. If you post how well (or not) your blood work results turn out, I'd love to see a post about it. Or PM me. Thanks.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Anita
on 11/28/16 6:36 pm

once I get my blood work back (haven't had a moment to go get the testing done - I'm a BIG baby about needles), I'll post results as several people have asked.

okay, okay.....I'll go this week....I promise! LOL

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 11/29/16 6:25 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks! I hope they are normal:)

Grim_Traveller
on 11/28/16 3:15 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I used CVS brand adult multis for the first couple of years. On BOGO, they cost me about ten bucks for a year, taking two per day.

Stay away from gummies. They are all short on many things. Print a label from Centrum Adult multis, and compare that label to whatever you are considering. Yhey should be about yhe same. If tgere are things missing, try another brand.

The CVS brand calcium citrate is a great deal on BOGO also.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

soontobe_blondegodd
ess

on 11/28/16 4:17 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you all for the advise.... I think I may compare and contrast and try a store vitamin.  My labs have always been consistent so worried about changing but if I can save money and stay healthy, that will be awesome!  

AD_Jordan
on 11/28/16 10:23 pm

You might give your surgeon's office a call and see if they have any recommendations. The staff dietician gave us a list of recommended vitamins, and they're NOT all 'bariatric' vitamins. There are about 10 on the list.

After a certain point, they tell us we can switch from chewables to 'regular vitamins', but they are pretty firmly in the "No Gummies" camp.

I started with Bariatric Advantage vitamins, but they didn't agree with me. I now have some from Celebrate.  They have a sample pack that allows you to try a couple of different types of their products.  Mine taste like grape Kool-Aid. :)

VSG on 11/15/16 . . . HW: +/- 265 . . . SW: 252 . . . CW: 187 (as of 5/22/17)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views