Weight loss

dawncoates
on 12/21/16 9:58 am
VSG on 12/07/16

My surgery date was December 7th and I think I thought I would wake up 50 pounds smaller but we know that is not reality. Yet since my surgery I have only lost 7 pounds I am wondering is something wrong with me. Also my surgeon is treating me for pyloric which was discovered in the pathologist report. Could that have anything to do with my weight loss?

(deactivated member)
on 12/21/16 11:45 am

Congrats on your surgery! My surgery was on December 7, too, but in 2011! Just celebrated 5 years. Sooo... 

You are probably being treated for H pylori. You can read about it here: H Pylori symptoms I do not believe the treatment would inhibit your weight loss. 

Weight loss post VSG varies individually. You may have gained a boat load of water weight in the hospital. I did! I left 12 pounds heavier than when I went in. It took me about a week to lose all the extra water weight. By week two post VSG I had lost about 8 pounds (so you're right where I was) and by the end of the first month I had lost over 20 pounds. You seem to be on track to me. 

Remember, you must do your best to NOT COMPARE your weight loss to the weight loss of others. That practice generally results in frustration and negative talk, unless you happen to be one of the rare people who just lose, lose, lose. 

dawncoates
on 12/21/16 11:56 am
VSG on 12/07/16

Hi Kairk,

Thank you so much for the link and encouragement .

akindofmagick
on 12/21/16 12:19 pm - MD

I gained ELEVEN POUNDS after the surgery in water weight. Always an issue with me and IV fluids. Finally got approved for a diuretic, and poof: the pounds started coming off once the water cleared my system. Had the dreaded 3 week stall, of course. Hang in there - you're doing great!!

I've been fat, and I've been thin - and thin is better.  

There is a better way. --Alaine of Lyndar 
--------------------------
HW: 234. SW: 228 (18 June 2015). GW: 137. Specs: 50ish, 5'4"

Stacy_WLS
on 12/21/16 2:18 pm

You are doing great.  Don't get discouraged.  Just keep following the plan.  If you do, that 7 lbs will snowball into that 50 you were hoping to wake up to and then more.

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

SherBear1481
on 12/22/16 3:51 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

Hang in there! There is nothing wrong with you. You are still swollen and healing for surgery. Everyone looses at a different pace so try not to compare yourself to others. Just follow the program your surgeon gave you and you will start to see results soon. 

You got this!! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 70 views